Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Air Suspension Keeps running

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Sorry bob, but unfortunately they have not found a way to turn off the "air suspension service" light off. Strutmasters promised they would keep me updated as soon as they found out how to turn the service light off. I got my springs installed 4 months ago and im so happy I did it, the stability is amazing and the height is actually a bit slight heigher, not much of a difference but it looks cool. As for me, I really dont mind having the stupid light on as long as I didn't have to pay the thousands of dollars the dealer was charging me for the new air ride compressor.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reply
So far I've asked 3 manufacturers of these springs and I got 3 totally different answers.LOL
Strutmasters=can't figure it out
Arnott = just unplug the compressor
Suncoreindustries= disconnect the battery for 30 minutes

I really want to put these springs in but just having a hard time imagining myself driving around w/ that message blinking on and off 24/7 ...or does it stop after a couple minutes?
Thanks,Bob

Old 02-16-2010, 09:35 PM

I had the same problem, I bought the strutmaster conversion kit, and I just removed teh compressor all together. Once removed the warning light stopped. So im sure if you just unplug it it'll stop bothering you.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:35 PM

I have 03 H2. My compressor comes about every 1 minute or so at stops. I think it is leveling.
just replaced air bags. 250.00 for the pair.
The dash button will raise the rear by 4 inchs and the lighton the dash will stay on as long as the rear end is up.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 PM

Hi. I'm looking to buy an H2 but am undecided on the rear air suspension.
Without climbing underneath and looking, where's the switch for the air compressor on the dash? Half the dealers have no idea if the H2 has an air suspension or not, and I none of the ones I've looked at have had it.
If you have a pic of the switch, that'd be cool too. Also any opinions???
Thanks!

Old 03-29-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dan1127
I have 03 H2. My compressor comes about every 1 minute or so at stops. I think it is leveling.
just replaced air bags. 250.00 for the pair.
The dash button will raise the rear by 4 inchs and the lighton the dash will stay on as long as the rear end is up.
Hi could you tell me where you got your replacement air bags?
Thanks ;-)

Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 AM

I have an 03 h2 with the infamous air ride suspension. I do have a 6.5 fabtec lift, but I have extended arms on the sensor to compensate for the lift. I recently towed a car 700 miles. After I had been home for a couple days the entire rear end is sagging. I had previously had the same problem with the passenger rear side sagging.Can anyone tell me what should I do to solve this?

Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dianehummchick
thanks!!!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by menus4me
Hi. I'm looking to buy an H2 but am undecided on the rear air suspension.
Without climbing underneath and looking, where's the switch for the air compressor on the dash? Half the dealers have no idea if the H2 has an air suspension or not, and I none of the ones I've looked at have had it.
If you have a pic of the switch, that'd be cool too. Also any opinions???
Thanks!
Switch is lower left on the center dash cluster if I remember right. My 2003 H2 had the air suspension. I liked it. If your truck slowly settles your air bags are starting to leak and need to be replaced or you can convert to the standard spring set up.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Default Air suspension problem

I'll try to describe the problem as best as I can.....I have a 2003 H2 with 116,000 miles. For the past few weeks the rear suspension will occassionally deflate when parked. I can leave it parked overnight and it will be fine in the am but I can drive to the store and leave it parked for 15 minutes and it's deflated. It has also occassionally deflated while driving.....the "service air suspension" comes on and I have to stop,shut off the engine to reset it and it will then inflate.....None of this happens every time I drive or even every day which is making me believe it is computer or electrical related rather than mechanical or leak related. I'm thinking that an air bag or line is leaking.....it's gonna leak all the time and not "occassionally". Has anyone else had this problem ??? I'm planning on taking it to the dealer on thursday and would like to have a little info before I go...........just to keep THEM honest !!!!
Thanks, Larry

Quick Reply: H2 Air Suspension Keeps running