Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

H2 Air Suspension Keeps running

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Default H2 Air Suspension Keeps running

I have a 2005 H2 hummer that the air suspension runs when I start the vehicle and close the door. The button is off. I also noticed that it runs sometimes when I stop. Is this normal?

Old 11-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Default RE: H2 Air Suspension Keeps running

i hav an 03 tht does tha same thng. it gets a little annoying. it crossed my mind that maybe i had a leak sumwhere, but who knows. im glad sum1 else is having tha same problem as i am. so can any1 answr tha question?

Old 11-12-2007, 11:13 PM

I don,t have the air ride on my H2, but it does sound like you have a leak somewhere. I think the compressor will come on to maintain a constant ride height with weight in the rear. If the weight in the rear is not changing but the compressor keeps coming on I would start looking for a leak.Possibly the air line?

Old 01-02-2008, 04:06 PM

I am having the same issue my '03! i hear a clicking around the front of the dash, and the pump turns on when it does it. i thought it maybe just maintaining height. did you get anyother answers on this?

Thanks

Old 01-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

The air suspension pump comes on to help level the truck at a stop or low speeds. It will shut off when you get above 20 mph ( I think it is 20 mph ) That is normal for the air suspension. I never used the dash button but I believe it is to engage the system when you get hung up on an obstacle and need the extra height to get off high center.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM

Awesome man, i thought there was something wrong!

one other thing, when you do engage the Air lift to raise the back it does go back down on it's own after some time doesn't it? it's not supposed to stay up is it?

HAve you done any of the cold air intake, exhaust work, or superchip to yours? if so, did you have any success?

thanks again,

barry

Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Angry air leak

you still may have a leak.. the bags like to leak after a few years.. i just changed one bad one and think i may have another leak somewhere

Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Default Had a problem with the rear air ride suspension

I own a 03 Hummer H2 and about 2 years ago I began noticing that the rear compressor in my truck would not turn off even after turning off the car. When the compressor would not turn off I was forced to sometimes unplug the compressor because i was scared that my battery would die off. Time passed and some how the compressor stopped getting stuck and was working fine once again. However a year and a half later, my hummer's rear end literally began to sag and was no longer drivable because it was too bouncy. It turns out that I needed a new air compressor for the suspension that cost about $4500 including installation. I did a little research and I found out that if I decided to fix the problem I was gonna have to go through the same process approximately every 7 years because it turns out that when the suspension bags fail it may also cause the compressor to get damaged, which happened in my case. I wanted a permanent solution, and having to go through the same process of paying $4500 every 7 years is quit a bummer. I went on line and found out about this company that offers a conversion kits that allows you to switch from an air suspension system to a rear spring system which completely eliminates all the hassles of a tricky air suspension. The kit consists of 2 springs that are custom made to fit exactly where your take out the air bags, the price $317 and an additional $150 for installation. Based on my experience, I can honestly say that it not only saved me a lot of money, but it even works better than the original air suspension because it gives me more stability and control when off roading and towing. For more info visit http://www.strutmasters.com/hummer-h...nsion=s/97.htm. I hope my story helps anyone who is going through Hummer H2 rear suspension problems, and I can see that my reply turned more into a blog..lol.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

$4500.00 and they didn't even kiss you a little? What a rip off. 11-1200.00 tops. I don't blame you for getting away from the air suspension system but I would recommend you get away from that dealer also.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:05 PM

Hi I'm new here and I just bought a 2003 H2 and I'm going to put the Strutmaster springs in, but...Strutmaster tells me they have not found a solution to turn off the "air suspension needs service" warning that comes on.Have you folks found a solution?
Thanks,Bob

Quick Reply: H2 Air Suspension Keeps running