PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Overhead Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Default Best Overhead Running Lights

I am wondering if anyone has purchased any aftermarket LED running lights in a complete set of 10 that actually fit or work?

I am on my 2nd order.

1st order $118 wire pigtails were loose and the lights wouldn't stay lit. Wiggle it around and it would go on and off. (all of them)

2nd Order the tabs that hold the 3 center lights in will not fit into the holes. I ended up cutting two tabs and made them fit but the pig tails had the exact same problem. Now the company will not accept return because I modified the light. I guess I need to check all pigtails.

My next option would be to jst find the oem replacement bulb size in LED bulbs. I tried to plug the LED's I to the oem socket but the light wouldn't work. Once I plug pigtail in I get the shortened affect.

Thanks for your help

JR

Old 01-07-2017, 08:23 PM

What are the 2 you have tried? I know when people were going aftermarket, most went with Recon.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
What are the 2 you have tried? I know when people were going aftermarket, most went with Recon.

First were Recons, then I read here about some people experiencing fitment issues. Then I went with some ebay cheaper ones, tabs do not fit in the hole.

I guess I will have to keep the stockers.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Why not just keep the stock lenses and throw LED bulbs in them? Glad to hear the Ebay kits didn't work. I almost bought a bunch of them to store away. I see they're not on there anymore.

Old 01-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Why not just keep the stock lenses and throw LED bulbs in them? Glad to hear the Ebay kits didn't work. I almost bought a bunch of them to store away. I see they're not on there anymore.

Some of the lenses have age cracks, I just didn't want to spend an entire retirement check to replace with oem and was hoping the Recons would work since they looked like one of the better options. When they didn't work I was like wth may as well take a chance on the cheapos.

At least the ebay ones are issuing me a full refund.

In the end that's what I did. I ordered an received all brand new LED's all the way around including the interior for about $37 and that's with spares.

Thanks for the headlight info and replies here.