PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rattling in headliner over 70 mph?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Default rattling in headliner over 70 mph?

My wife and I just bought a low mileage 06 H2. We love it but when traveling over 70 mph on the highway there's a rattling noise somewhere above the window or maybe its the sunroof. We took off the sunroof air vent thing thinking that was it cause it was loose but the noise remains. Anyone else have this problem? Its definitive somewhere over head and between the top of the windshield and the front of the sunroof.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:05 PM

Most likely the plastic strips on the right and left outside of the windshield. Air forces them to vibrate at high speed. Some RTV sealant will do the trick
________
Fix Ps3

Last edited by olfart; 04-03-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:22 PM

I just bought my '03 and have heard the same noise off/on--- I have not definitely discovered it yet but I noticed that the largest roof lights on each Lt/Rt side are loose to an extent... They are held on by a single screw on the back of the light and I believe attach up front by just a tab that slides in place... I think this may be what is causing it--- regardless as olfart said, a little RTV (clear) on the lens cap should hopefully fix....just my thoughts--

Old 10-13-2010, 10:29 PM

You may want to check the bumper and grill for any loose or out of place pieces. If something is loose up front it will break up the aerodynamic stream into short bursts. It sounds like there is a flag mounted to you hood and its hitting your window.
I have had a few cheap bug deflectors on my pickups and reported this noise. They changed out the bug deflector to a better quality piece and the noise stopped. I was a little supprised at how much something like that actually affected the aero-flow and that it would make such a loud annoying noise

Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 PM

lol this comes up about once a month on here. It's probably the windshield. I'd take it to a glass shop and ask them to reseal it along the sides.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM

I had this problem to and I don't know how to fix it. In my 06, at 70 or whenever I start to hear the sound, i fold in my mirrors and the sound goes away. I Assume its the "airbox" on the hood on the right side. I never hear it on the left.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:07 PM

I've had the problem too and it was the windshield gasket near the top. But it never sounded like it was the windshiled!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 AM

check your roof clearance lights...two of mine were so loose when i bought it that they were just flopping around up there...

Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 PM

turn your ac on to recirc mine was rattling and i noticed the sun roof itself was bouncing up until i turned the ac on recirculate

Old 11-05-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by gunsammo2
turn your ac on to recirc mine was rattling and i noticed the sun roof itself was bouncing up until i turned the ac on recirculate
What? explain?

Quick Reply: rattling in headliner over 70 mph?