Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Default Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!

My truck is at the dealer, they refuse to clean the drans out of my sunroof. they say the left front and the rear drains are clogged....

im told the rear drains are accessable by removing the headliner. but how do i go about doing that? please .. any help is great!!! thank you!

has anyone done or experienced this?

Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Default RE: Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!

What do you have in there? About four pounds of swamp mud?

This won't help you now obviously, but I wonder if you'd be better off
taping up the edges of that sunroof prior to the next mud-bog outing?

Why won't they clean yours out? Did they give a reason?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Some past threads said use an air hose and give the drain holes a blast. Do you have a compressor, or access to a friends? I do not know if you could snake them with fine grade wire to get them started???? I do not have a sun roof so I can't poke around on one. Anybody?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Where are these drain holes? I havent seen em.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:44 PM

The drain holes are in the front left and right corners of the channel. Istarted getting water inside every time it rained (at 8000 mi.).Carpet and seats were getting soaked. Bothdrains wereclogged and the right drain hadbecome disconnected. They not only took care of it under warranty, but were willing to replace my carpet if they found any signs of mildew. (They also realigned the sunroof rails as they were slightly out of adjustment.)... and gave me a loaner while they dried everything out. I was more than willing to stick a wire down the tubes but the service manager said absolutely not, as Imay damage the tubes. Under normal operation, it's a warranty issue and I don't understand why your dealer won't address it. My next phone call would have beento regional. (Some dealer(s) will be getting repeat customers!)

Old 10-10-2007, 12:55 AM

Ok I had this same exact problem in my passat. Using compressed air might work but you run a risk of disconnecting the drain tubes from the rails and then it could get really messy ( water draining right onto your headliner). Using a wire well I guess you run the same risk or even puncturing a hole in the tube somewhere.
What I have found to work the best is to use Speedometer cable... Its strong and its really flexible. Make sure you get a long one. Attach it to a drill and snake it in . once u hit the obstruction run the drill and it will clear it out. Worked like a charm for me.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:35 AM

the dealer should really fix that,that has to be under warranty

Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 AM

This makes me feel lucky not having a sunroof.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 671H3

This makes me feel lucky by not having a sunroof.

Me too, been there done that before.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe the should consider a fixed sunroof, or periscope option instead. There has been plenty of beetchin on here about the sunroofs B4?

Quick Reply: Sunroof Drains Clog! Please Help!