Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Need button for gear shift

Old 07-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Angry Need button for gear shift

I have a 2005 H2 and recently the little button on the gear shift broke. The little prongs or clips (whatever you want to call them) broke. I can put it back in and shift in and out of park, drive, etc.. just fine. It's just annoying because it pops out onto the floor sometimes. Doesn't affect the driving ability at all. I refuse to pay $400 at the dealership to get a whole new handle when all I need is the stupid little button. Any suggestions where to find one or some kind of solution? I don't really want to get a different shifter either.

Attached Thumbnails Need button for gear shift-shifter-button.jpg  
Old 08-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Default Problem Solved!!

Found a solution to my problem! Had a button 3D printed! All I need to do now is paint it

Attached Thumbnails Need button for gear shift-image.jpg  
Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 PM

I also have a broken button on my H2. Could you possibly point me in the direction to the where you had yours printed at and how it's holding up.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 AM

I had googled broken shifter button on H2 and came across this guys page: Hummer H2 Shifter Button by mijohns3 - Thingiverse He has it out there for other people to download and have printed. I contacted a local 3D printing company and had them print it out for me. The plastic is very hard and had to be heated up with the hair dryer so it could be put into place, but I haven't had any other problems out of it.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Default Shifter button

Glad I could help. I've found that if you print it out of ABS plastic, the same problem happens, the tabs break off because the plastic is too brittle. Also, even though I measured and modeled it and it fits my 03 model, some people are saying it is too loose for their trucks. So my model may not be perfect for everyone.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:12 PM

My shifter on my 03 H2 is broken inside. Button works fine but doesn't disengage the shifter. Does anyone know where I can get an OEM replacement?

Old 01-19-2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Orsunrose
My shifter on my 03 H2 is broken inside. Button works fine but doesn't disengage the shifter. Does anyone know where I can get an OEM replacement?
You can check online at GM part dealers or eBay. I know some GM parts resellers advertise the shifter on eBay also.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Default How much?

Hi there! Can I know how much you pay for it?

Old 05-28-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Spark1
Hi there! Can I know how much you pay for it?

I haven't had it made yet but have been quoted 43.00 to make it out of nylon

Thanks to mijohns3

Hummer H2 Shifter Button by mijohns3 - Thingiverse

Old 07-06-2016, 02:28 AM

I came mijohns3's model of this button and also this post in my search for a replacement button... Having outsourced several 3D printed items myself I wanted to pass on the company that I use and just ordered this button from, that being Shapeways, I ordered this in the 'white strong and flexible' that is a nylon sintered printing... And it shouldn't matter but just for full disclosure I uploaded his .stl file with inch scaling... If I remember in a few weeks to come back I will comment on fitment for my 2004...

BTW from past experience the 'white strong and flexible' has a satin slightly textured finish to it, so if you want it smooth for painting a chrome like color it's going to take some sanding and prep work... You can order it pre-polished from Shapeways but I have no experience with how that turns out, so I chose to do the sanding and polishing myself on this print so as to not diminish the locking tab are that can be left unsanded... I also considered just ordering it in black and leaving it at is, but again just went with white and will paint this time around...

Best thing is that it was only $13.39 printed and delivered... And hopefully it stays in as having the thing fly across the truck and roll around the floor board while I drive and having to stick my finger in the gear shifter is getting annoying...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need button for gear shift