PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Read the 08 H3 Alpha's E67 brain

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Default Read the 08 H3 Alpha's E67 brain

I upgraded my EFILive V1 license to the V2 version with the new handheld controller. As I mentioned in a previous post,the new software incorporates a virtual VE table to compensate for the VE coefficients which were a pain to work with in previous versions. The VE table can be modified just like other ECM VE tables (like in myE38 vettes) and EFILive calculates the new coefficients. This means that, basically,the same techniques used to tuneearlier PCM's(like the E38)should apply to the E67.

I only had time this evening toupgrademy notebook with the new software and calibrations and then do theV1-->V2 upgrade so I only did a read of the stock tune on the Alpha. Nevertheless, it is excitinghow smoothly the entire process went and, of course, tosee the stock tunedisplayedon EFILive.Belowis a screenshot of the virtual VE table. As expected, there is the usual conservative tuning present from the General. Understandably, there is a long disclaimer dialogue boxthat comes up initially when opening this calibration screen warning the user that this is a virtual matrix generated using a polynomial that approximates and smooths the surface.

Thisis a new tuning learning path to wander downand fill up the the next several wintermonths. I'll be checking out the rest of the stock calibrations this weekend. The tranny settings are also of interest as I'm interested to see how it differs, if any, from the tranny settings I have in my wife's vette which also runs the 4L60E.

Name:  EFIscreenshot.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  187.6 KB

Old 11-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Read the 08 H3 Alpha's E67 brain

Way to go Patches. I'm diggin it!!! I'd be interested in the spark table, and what doesairflow show? When they come out with some performance mods, you could really dial up an in some smokin performance.

BTW I am making some custom intake tubes forthe I5, in the next few weeks, starting Saturday. Will be using silicone hump couplers and T Bolts, eventually will lead to an over the hood cool air intake. If you have any interest in sharing some detail pics with me, and some measurements of the Alpha intake run, I might be able to hook you up with the first custom Alpha Air Doc kit. First we really need K&N or somebody to come up with a gauze or foamfilter (I don't fab filters [:@]), but the rest is kid stuff.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Default RE: Read the 08 H3 Alpha's E67 brain

I'll post updates as I dive in. There is quite a bit to go through as there are about 630 calibrations monitored/editted by EFILive.

I am looking forward to adding some upgrades with some extra punch to the Alpha, although I'm remaining realistic about the extent of what should be done to a 4700 lb. SUV. Also, reliability is a primary goal with any mods I make as it's my daily driver. Ohter than that, I'm ready to perk this puppy up.