PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My PCM tuning with PCMforLess.com - Process and Results

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Default PCMForless.com communication could be better ...

I've had problems getting responses to emails and phone calls (this was when trying to get information before placing my order).

I ordered the PCM Loaner ... had issues with thinking I purchased expedited shipping (I had, sort of), then found out they dropped the price from last week to this week by $30. I ordered mine last week. I'm pretty annoyed that it takes pulling teeth to get answers to questions and that I paid one price last week for something that is $30 cheaper for the exact same thing this week. I even went through the process of re-ordering to get the current total and compared this with my Online Banking checking account history to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I've asked for a $30 refund, but haven't heard back. My order is still in progress - I still have their loaner to ship back and I don't have my unit is still four days away from my doorstep.

There seem to be nothing but mostly positive things folks are saying about the PCMForless.com experience. It sounds like mine is not the norm. I have a tactfully worded email in to Kelly - awaiting a reply.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 PM

Hi,

As I mentioned in my emails, I am very sorry for the confusion. I pointed out to you that in the description on the main ordering page, it is written, "Express shipping only covers one shipment for loaner programs." You admitted that you saw this (albeit after the fact).

As far as crediting you back for the sale price, I am also sorry about that but we cannot retroactively apply sales prices (this is also written on the website in the FAQs). The reason being – it is not fair to everyone else who ordered when you did if I just refund you and no one else. And if I refund them too, where do I draw the line about retroactively applying sales prices? A few days? Then the people who ordered the week before are upset. Apply it to a week prior, and now the people who ordered two weeks ago are upset. So as you see, it's a slippery slope...there is no simple solution as far as fairness goes other than just saying “sales prices are only valid during the actual sales time”. Trust me, I get it - I always kick myself when I miss a sale too, but really at the end of the day I am just trying to be fair to everyone. It’s nothing against you personally.

To reiterate, I am very sorry for the confusion, but with it being listed in the description on the website, I do not feel that we are to blame here. I will however go and add the express shipping note to the other page as well (that explains the programs).

As far as emails go, I don’t know what you mean about pulling teeth to get a response from me (sales@pcmforless.com / sales@pcmofnc.com). My responses are extremely timely if you ask me. 99% of the companies I email don’t even bother to email me back within 24 hours. Marshall is usually slammed on the phones all day but he always answers all of the voicemails before checking out for the night.

As far as me responding to emails...your first email (back in August) you sent at 4:27pm. I answered at 5:48pm (after hours). Second email today you sent at 1:24pm. I answered at 1:31pm. You sent a third one to me at 1:47pm. I was out in the shop the rest of the day finishing a race car that has to leave tomorrow. Responded again after hours around 8pm which is still less than 8 hours for a response.

I’m not the type to go back and forth on the forums, I’ve given my side of the story, he’s given his, so you guys can take what you want from it. If this gets me some bad PR then it is what it is unfortunately for me. The truth is we’ve been around a long time now and we wouldn’t have the reputation we do if we were constantly treating people poorly. We love our H3 customers and are so glad you all continue to patronize us. We will take steps to ensure that the loaner shipping is outlined more clearly so there are no more future issues with it.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by kelly@pcmforless
As far as emails go, I don’t know what you mean about pulling teeth to get a response from me (sales@pcmforless.com / sales@pcmofnc.com). My responses are extremely timely if you ask me. 99% of the companies I email don’t even bother to email me back within 24 hours. Marshall is usually slammed on the phones all day but he always answers all of the voicemails before checking out for the night.

Usually when emailing a distribution list like 'sales@somebusiness.com' you can assume you're not only communicating with one individual. I'm honestly not used to calling customer service / sales oriented businesses during the day and leaving voice mails that don't get returned same day.

. . . Ahh assumptions. That's what I get.

Kelly offered a $20 discount off my next purchase with PCMForless.com. I won't go into the frustrating series of events that led here. The fact is - I paid $428.94 on 8/28 for something that, if ordered on 9/3 PCMForless.com (as well as currently) charges $404.37. When I pointed this out, the response included "I feel we have treated you just as fairly as we have anyone else".

I'm not pointing fingers at or attacking any individuals at PCMForless.com. They seem like busy people with a lot on their plates.

Through sharing my experience with gear heads locally, I have found a good local Austin tuner shop with folks that have plenty of time and resources to talk with customers and explore possibilities. While I appreciate the offer to do business again with PCMForless.com with a discount, I'll pass.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by SickStringC
A heads-up would have been nice when I placed my order last week that this would be $30 cheaper a week later.
You are kidding right? They are in the business to make money and provide a product.

Through sharing my experience with gear heads locally, I have found a good local ****** tuner shop with folks that have plenty of time and resources to talk with customers and explore possibilities. While I appreciate the offer to do business again with PCMForless.com with a discount, I'll pass.
The retroactive sale price thing (ROTFL). PCMforless.com is NOT, I repeat NOT frickin' WalMart! Heck, I don't even know if WallyWorld does that.

It seems that Kelly and Marshall will bend over backward to take care of their customers, myself included.

It looks like you have issues with other customer service reps also;
Mine went out at 76k miles. Talked to GM, ended up cursing out the person I spoke to and using my extended warranty plan to cover it. Same exact problem everyone here is talking about.

Last edited by TAINTER; 09-07-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by TAINTER
You are kidding right? They are in the business to make money and provide a product.

The retroactive sale price thing (ROTFL). PCMforless.com is NOT, I repeat NOT frickin' WalMart! Heck, I don't even know if WallyWorld does that.

It seems that Kelly and Marshall will bend over backward to take care of their customers, myself included.

It looks like you have issues with other customer service reps also;
I love forums. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you've been one of the people that has experienced the pleasure of speaking with GM about a cracked radiator, you might understand my perspective (read the 30+ pages of frustration shared by other Hummer owners on that thread, not just my post). I'm happy to share with anyone 100% of my correspondence with PCMForless.com ... It has been nothing but professional.

I did give them credit and am not trying to slander them - just sharing my experience and perspective. Feel free to make me out to be a bad guy. I don't care. When I stated "There seem to be nothing but mostly positive things folks are saying about the PCMForless.com experience. It sounds like mine is not the norm. I have a tactfully worded email in to Kelly - awaiting a reply." I wasn't waging war or anything.

You're also welcome to pick yourself up off the floor from laughter. This is not a retail business in the sense that Wal-Mart is, but since you drew the metaphorical comparison, there isn't a retail store - big or small, privately owned or publicly owned / franchised that I am aware of that won't honor refunding the difference in price if you bring back a new, in box, with receipt item purchased when a price drops from one day to the next. Hilarious as it may seem to you - it's true.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM

Last thing I'll say - Real life example of a retailer practicing business the way I feel it should be practiced.

Will Amazon.com really refund after purchase if price drops?

They sure do...
As long as you give their Customer Service a call or shoot them an e-mail within that 30 days, they'll refund the difference (assuming it's a price drop right on their site and not like Wal-Mart.com or something).

They have a similar policy with their pre-orders as well. If you order something before it's released (take Harry Potter 7 for example), no matter what the price is when you order it, when it's finally shipped, you get charged the lowest price that it fell to between the two dates.

I.E., it was $25 when I ordered it. Went on sale for $22 a week later. Then, another week later, it shipped out at a $28 price point. When it ships out, (which is when Amazon.com charges their customer's credit / debit card), I'd get charged the $22.

Will Amazon really refund after purchase if price drops? Found this website: http://www.laurashawn.net

Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 PM

The 2 examples given have that "retro pricing" thing in writing. They are also Billion dollar companies. Let us just assume for the future that if we don't see it in the fine print, it isn't offered.

PS: haven't been in a WallyWorld in 4 years or longer. I try to shop local mom and pop stores (keep the $ local) and buy made AND owned in the USA whenever possible.

Sure amazon is decent. Just picked up an iSimple the other day.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Don't do step 2. Leave the truck in the 'on' position with the security light on as well for 10 mins (until the security light goes off). Then, turn the key off for THIRTY SECONDS. THEN try to start again. Rinse, repeat until it starts.
This thread is now locked. Friggin old as dirt, posted in a "archive only" section.