PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How to replace cabin air filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Default How to replace cabin air filter

Hi Guys, I just find out this video on how to replace cabin air filter. Its relatively simple repair that can be done in a few minutes. I just don't know if that will work for hummer? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 AM

If your Hummer has one it's inside the H2 on the lower portion of the right side dash. The filter sits verticle.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:10 AM

The H3 doesn't have a cabin filter.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:17 PM

The only filter that the cabin might have is probalby in the fire wall where the blower motor gets air from

Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 AM

Replacing your car's air cabin filter is a relatively simple:
1. Remove the main access cover, undo the cover fasteners to remove cover and side cover if needed.
2. Locate and undo retainer clip to remove air cabin filter, compare the filter size to the replacement filter and reassemble.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by zombiember
Replacing your car's air cabin filter is a relatively simple:
1. Remove the main access cover, undo the cover fasteners to remove cover and side cover if needed.
2. Locate and undo retainer clip to remove air cabin filter, compare the filter size to the replacement filter and reassemble.
You must be referring to the H2 as the H3 has no cabin filter.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM

I am a non-smoker. The filters were pretty clean at 30K miles. You could hold them up to the light and see quite well through them. In fact I've set them aside for possible re-use.

The climate in New England is not very dusty and there are few gravel roads. I was not having any problems with feeling the AC, either. The reason for erring on the side of preventive maintenance was concern over getting my allergies riled up.

A friend who has a Subaru shared a similar story about his cabin air filter.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:38 AM

Thanks to acai berry juice, after 41 years, I'm no longer a smoker!

Old 02-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Angry

Originally Posted by KineIntiz
Thanks to acai berry juice, after 41 years, I'm no longer a smoker!
But you still SUCK!!

Old 05-29-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by jurelut
I am a non-smoker. The filters were pretty clean at 30K miles. You could hold them up to the light and see quite well through them. In fact I've set them aside for possible re-use.

The climate in New England is not very dusty and there are few gravel roads. I was not having any problems with feeling the AC, either. The reason for erring on the side of preventive maintenance was concern over getting my allergies riled up.

A friend who has a Subaru shared a similar story about his cabin air filter.
Hahahaha, wherr in new England do you live? I assure you, there are more dirt roads in new england than there are paved suburban area. You should take your truck on some adventures as it was built to do, leave your suburb in CT or Andover and drive a couple hours west or North and i assure you... YOU WILL find dust and dirt. My H2 gets dirrty. #useyourtruck

Quick Reply: How to replace cabin air filter