PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

did you hear about Ford's losses for last year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Default did you hear about Ford's losses for last year?

Heard about it on the news, too lazy to find a link right now. But they had a record loss last year, something like 33 million dollars a day in the negative!!!!!

keep buying imports fellow Americans...lets force another staple in American history to close so some japs can get rich....disgusting!!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Default RE: did you hear about Ford's losses for last year?

I will never buy an import unless its Italian! i will always have an american vehicle in my driveway!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:58 AM

If more people thought like us we'd be in alot better shape right now.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:08 AM

i have 2 japanese cars in the driveway. if american cars lasted as long and didn't require such a high level of maintenance, maybe ford would be in better shape. how many '93 fords are there with over 130k original milesthat have run for the past 2 years with nothing more than regular oil changes? if the unions weren't sucking the company dry, maybe they could afford to build a better quality product.

i have one american made car, an american made camper and 2 american made motorcycles, does that balance out the 2 japanese cars?

Old 01-26-2007, 03:19 AM

I guess that'll balance out somewhat...although I would never have a jap car in my driveway [:'(].

Saying that jap cars are lower maintenance and run longer than American made cars just isn't true. Every make/model/brand has good ones and bad ones, I have rebuilt motors on plenty of honda's that had less than 100,000 miles on the clock. I've also owned a dodge ram that had 194,000 on it when Isold it and never did anything more than change the oil, I only changed plugs twice! I also have a jeep GC in front of my house with 107,000 on it and it has ran out of oil and siezed....twice...and only required cooling off,turning over by hand andreoiling before it fired right back up. so there are plenty of american made vehicles that are just as good as the others.

not trying to get into an arguement about it, you have your views the same way I have mine but I was a shop steward for my local afl/cio union so I am kinda biased.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:50 AM

My late Father-In-Law worked for Aloma Steel and we promised him....WE'D NEVER OWN AN IMPORT!!!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 163
Size:  3.2 KB
Well, unless I got a SWEET deal on a Ferrari or Lamborghini

Though I'm not a big FORD fan, I TOTALLY agree that it's the UNIONS fault for MOST of the US Automakers troubles!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:02 AM

My service director and I were just talking about this. Ford is losing a New Mustang Convertible a minute (money wise). Steve

Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 AM

This HUMMER of mine is the First American made car I have owned since high school, when I had an AMC Javilin AMX....I think the American Auto makers recently are improving with QC and style compared to the last 30 years....They ALL know Japan is the leader in well made cars for the working class citizen.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 AM
JM

HEY!! relax guys.

FORD has declared a 13bn $ loss, which is below the analysts expectations (15bn) furthermore, out of thes 13 bn, 13 are, non recurrent, re structuration losses.
operational loss is 3 bn. and they expect to be back in the 'green' in 2009.
They have lost some market shares in the US, but this is an on going story since almost 10 years, in the same period they have massively grown in Europe.
their 'premium' brands, Jaguar and Aston martin, are cashcows.
In my book FORDmco is in a muuuuuch better shape than GM.
This guy Alan Mulally knows what he is doing.

Stop crying abt FORD and start buying shares, fast.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:22 AM

Yeah but Jean...Ford has a for sale sign hanging all over Jagaur and Land Rover and Astin Martin..I'm not sure, but I think Volvo is up for sale too (PAG)...That don't sound too good in my book..

Quick Reply: did you hear about Ford's losses for last year?