PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

chevy volt may kill gm,US HMMR OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Banned

the Cruze... which is basically a rebadged Daewoo or Dahaitsu
oh booo,what a dummy i am, i actually thot gm did something brillian,all by themselves.

come to think of it,my favorite car,the turbo probe from ford waz,,,waz,,,a mazda!!

are we sure the hummer is not an old japanese army truck?

never has so much been stolen from so many,,,by so few

Old 07-22-2011, 11:49 PM

Karmas a beyatch. Even the tree huggers aren't stampeding their way in to drop 35k for one. Choke on your volts gm , choke and die.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Volt is a loser I agree. But it won't kill GM, they will just pay back their government lone during a longer period, or be forgiven for that part of the loan. Up to Hussein what do to on that matter.

But politicians did not kill the H4 (HX concept) it was GM based on Hummer sales dropping like dead flies. I was there when it was cancelled.

If you note Hummer sales from 07 on, you will see they dropped drastically every year due to fuel costs. The main sales of H3s and H2s went to soccer moms and dads with a small percentage to avid off roaders. The soccer moms/dads went away and jumped to cross overs, or vans. GM had NO money for further development and could not project enough sales to bring the HX from concept to production. Over a year later, GM went BK and was basically taken over by the government.

The H4 was to be a complete NEW platform. And it would probably have been built in Mexico. Cost involved with a new platform and setting up a new plant is astronomical. Again, GM was broke, had been basically broke for a few years, and was running on fumes.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Banned

The main sales of H3s and H2s went to soccer moms and dads with a small percentage to avid off roaders. The soccer moms/dads went away and jumped to cross overs, or vans.
THIS verifies what i said over a year ago. the soccer moms didnt need all the 4wd equipment,AND COST. they were buying size AND SHOW! gm could have stripped out a lot of hdwe,AND COST and tuned the 3.5 for mileage and a 2wd h3 could have been a lot cheaper.
it might have kept it alive and the 4wd could still be made,,,who knows.
its obvious the looks was selling it,not the 2 driveshafts!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=drtom;254914]

meantime ford sold 53000 f150 in march,shows what people want. end quote

What about the 1 million plus f150's that the fuel tank FELL OFF of though????

Old 08-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Banned

What about the 1 million plus f150's that the fuel tank FELL OFF of though????
ahhh, a few fell off,i think they said, the recall is for old 7-11 yr old trucks. i think u missed the point. first i dont sell or promote fords,i just reported fantastic sales, in one month,120,000 +!! hard to beat success
the straps probably cost the factory a couple bucks, a cheap way to get potential,(7-11 yr old trucks) buyers in for possible trades. i think step one in sales is get them in!!

hey we gotta admitt ford is doing something gm sure as hell ought to learn.

b tw the big #,1.2 million got the lazy news media attention,they love to rap USA mfgrs and report recalls. thats free adv for smart ford marketing. im bettin they sell 100k + on this "promo"!

ps i think with all the big bucks ford is making, and their ability to make trucks,,they otta buy hummer and put it back in the market.
gm selling 300 volts a month aint gonna do it!

Last edited by drtom; 08-04-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Didn't GM just post over 2 billion dollar profit for this quarter?
They are selling big trucks and Cadillacs which are money makers.

I have no love for GM, but they do make good trucks, and their cars have come a long way in the past five years. And now, with the new UAW contracts and going BK on white collar benefits, they can actually make a small profit on small vehicles.

Of course this will change this year. They will bend to the UAW and kiss their rear ends and in a few years be back to no profits in small cars.

As long as my pension deposits keep happening, I guess I don't give a ****.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:23 PM

F5,

Was/is there a chance the hx design could be used in the future, if you happen to know

Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned
Default The volt,,dying,125,july

Chevy Volt Sales Plummet as the Electric Car Market Slumps | Print | Written by Brian Koenig Thursday, 04 August 2011 00:00 2

As GM share prices plunge so do Chevy Volt sales, according to the latest auto sales figures. Throughout July, a whopping 125 Chevy Volts were sold, making the seemingly low 281 units sold in February a groundbreaking month.
GM spokeswoman Michelle Bunker attributed the fallback to "supply constraints," alleging that GM was "virtually sold out" and supply was down nationwide. But Mark Modica, associate fellow at the National Legal and Policy Center, confirmed Bunker’s assertion was false, as he wrote on FoxNews.com:
A search of cars.com site showed nearly 500 Chevy Volts listed for sale. I had originally assumed that GM dealers were advertising vehicles that were not actually available for sale, since GM has stated that there were only a "few" Volts available. I decided to call a few dealers within 75 miles of my location to determine what the true situation was. I stopped my research after finding that five of the first six dealers I called had Volts in inventory available for immediate sale. Two of the five dealers even had two each in stock. I can now safely assume that GM is, once again, not being entirely honest with its facts. The demand for the Chevy Volt is not as strong as GM would have us believe.
Modica later clarified his findings with GM’s Direct of Communications, Greg Martin, who attested that there are 116 new Chevy Volts currently available nationwide, plus demo units offered with a hefty discount.
GM’s floundering July sales numbers secure a roadblock to Washington’s electric roadmap, as President Obama vowed in his 2011 State of the Union Address to "break our dependence on oil" and "become the first country to have one million electric vehicles on the road by 2015." The U.S. government has invested $2.4 billion in research and development to improve EV batteries and another $300 million in grants for communities that are reducing petroleum use — not to mention, hundreds of millions of dollars in consumer subsidies.

HES CRAZY, we just need to drill more holes

thought about the 1 million,,,at 200/month,,,that'l take,,,5000 months,,about 100 years

Last edited by drtom; 08-17-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:09 AM

$2 Billion in real profits, in one quarter, and in this economy, isn't to shabby. Imagine what the total benefit to our economy amounts to when the entire chain is considered all the way through to the local retail level.

Call me old school and 30 years out of touch but compared to service, green, and i-economies, maybe Big Industry isn't so bad afterall!