PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonetics H3 turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Default RE: Turbonetics H3 turbo kits

I was having the same problems with my kit. Jesse had Turbonetics reprogrammy computer and now i'm not getting any check engine lights or traction control lights. I also have had to replace my wastegate tubing. Just finished checking for oil in my cooler and yes I have that problem to. I will contact them friday about the oil in my cooler.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 AM

Its amazing to me how your story has changed since the begining of your original post, now its more than that simple crack in a tube. I have spoke with turbonetics several times and they have yet to offer a repair to the check engine light. I will be researching this Jesse guy because as far as turbonetics is concerned the light cant be fixed. SO Next time you pipe in on a forum be prepared to have your bluff called its not nice to lie to people.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM

ORIGINAL: airtruck

yes it was a baseline,only pulled 5 1/2lbs.the new wastegate was a new style.Anymore boost and it leaned out.Called turbonetics and asked what there h3 made and they said 256hp,but there's was pulling 8lbs.I put the photos up on there website,when i was done.I just went outside and took these.
Actually I asked if you had done a baseline WITHOUT the turbo.... wondering what types of gains you are getting...

Ok... assuming Turbonetics was using the lower HP 2006 H3, rated at 220 HP, they seen 256 HP... ok, i'll have to read up on AWD dynos to see how that all works... How much loss is there in an H3 between the crank and the wheels? In a standard RWD car with an automatic the number is typically 17% to 20%.. So even if I use a number like 25% for the H3... that means at the crank you would be looking at about 320 HP... so they gained between 80 to 100 HP at the crank... on 8 PSI... wow? that's seems quite a small gain for 8 PSI.... I would have hoped that at 8 PSI it would be over 300HP at the ground...

Old 09-07-2007, 04:53 AM

SCRMING I dont think that AIRTRUCK will be able to answer your questions he is do busy trying to clean up his story. According to turbonetics the 06 H3 I5 Dyno was 350HP with 97% octane. How they tested or did that who knows. I will tell you there are solutions to the problems with the kit, but getting turbonetics to listen first and then work with you on the fix is another thing. First of all the are using a wet bearing turbo instead of a dry, because of the vibration genarated by the I5 and the cheap mount they made the seals in the wet turbo just dont last and that is where the oil in the cooler is coming form. If they would simple change to a dry bearing turbo they would have much better luck. Secound the dump tube in the kit is not as robuse as the one shown in AIRTRUCK's H3, If they actually shipped that one there would not be an issue there. and last if they actually would reprogram the CPU like JN1300R states then this kit would be the hotest selling item on the market today. There are some other simple problems like using the wrong bolts, you have a casted turbo that they want to use stanles steal bolts on, so lets talk metals and expansion rates, soem in engineering wasnt paying attention in class, Easy fis though. I have been working on this kit since June trying to work the bugs out of it because it does work well when everything is working. The biggest problem is turbonetics wont listen and doesnt care.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: beg4me

SCRMING I dont think that AIRTRUCK will be able to answer your questions he is do busy trying to clean up his story. According to turbonetics the 06 H3 I5 Dyno was 350HP with 97% octane. How they tested or did that who knows. I will tell you there are solutions to the problems with the kit, but getting turbonetics to listen first and then work with you on the fix is another thing. First of all the are using a wet bearing turbo instead of a dry, because of the vibration genarated by the I5 and the cheap mount they made the seals in the wet turbo just dont last and that is where the oil in the cooler is coming form. If they would simple change to a dry bearing turbo they would have much better luck. Secound the dump tube in the kit is not as robuse as the one shown in AIRTRUCK's H3, If they actually shipped that one there would not be an issue there. and last if they actually would reprogram the CPU like JN1300R states then this kit would be the hotest selling item on the market today. There are some other simple problems like using the wrong bolts, you have a casted turbo that they want to use stanles steal bolts on, so lets talk metals and expansion rates, soem in engineering wasnt paying attention in class, Easy fis though. I have been working on this kit since June trying to work the bugs out of it because it does work well when everything is working. The biggest problem is turbonetics wont listen and doesnt care.
Ok... 350HP is more of what I would expect at 8 PSI.. I did look, there are some AWD dynos here in Michigan... I however must resist temptation... LOL! Of course 97 Octane is a bit odd... wonder where they came up with that? Here in Michigan we can get Sunoco Ultra 94... or your running like 100+ race gas at the track...

I'm sorry to hear Turbonetics is lacking in the customer service department... that is one thing about a company i will not tolerate. There is simply no excuse for that...

Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM

Code:

Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 PM

Code:

Old 09-08-2007, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: airtruck

sorry i misunderstood you it was not a base line never had it done stock.here is the request for the new wastegate downpipe.

and here is the letter they sent to me with the new pipe,I called them when i recieved it and said it looked different they said it was a new style.

here is the dyno from central florida turbo they had an awd dyno they said that there was about an 80% loss because of the awd.

I'm not saying that they are the best,but i've had no problems.Also my kit is on an 07 maybe a little different.and that was with 93 octane
Ummmm... 80% Loss? That's basically impossible... that would me I'm only getting about 50HP to the ground... I think that might be reversed... 20% Loss... Also a Mustang Dyno typically reads lower than the Dyno Jet dyno (which is what most people use). The number we usually use is a MD is about 12% less than a DJ dyno... so your 256 becomes 286... that's more in line with 5 PSI...

Now... you dyno chart... any chance you can darken it up? Something does not look right, but I can't see anything other thant the curves....

Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 PM

Code:

Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Goodbye airtruck. [sm=smiley19.gif] Looks like you guys run him off.[sm=sigh.gif] All my help in posting pics, down the tube.[sm=smiley13.gif] Goodbye.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics H3 turbo kits