PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Superchargers? Lingenfelter, Magnson,...

Old 01-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Default Superchargers? Lingenfelter, Magnson,...

Hy All...

I am Chris from Europe/Austria. I drive a 2005 H2 and looking to a blt on Superchargerkit.
But which one is the best??? I see Lingenfelter, Magnuson, Paxton, Vortec and so on....
So much Kits but I dont no whats the best..? I will drive with my stock tranny and not overboostet.
I drive the car every day and it must be a good combination fun and drive. I have 20000 miles on my car.
Anyone have informations or drive with one of this Kits? Good looks Lingenfelter and Magnuson. But I think they are the same...or whats the difference?

Thanks for a lot answers.....

Old 01-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Default RE: Superchargers? Lingenfelter, Magnson,...

Sometimes it is not a matter of the Best but a matter of Type (function), preferenceand the cost.

http://www.superchargersonline.com/

Paxton and Vortec are centrifuge type superchargers boost/power is relative to revs(foot on gas pedal)from the engine and usually bracketed to the engine and require oil lines to use oil from the engine to keep the Head Units lubricated.

(Vortec owns Paxton and there are also slight differences in the brands configurations and internal parts)

Magnason, Eaton, Whipple, Kenne Bell are roots type supercharges are also relative to revs from the engine but the design is to be self contained (no oil lines) and are bolted to the engine via the intake manifold. More reliable.

The basic differences are not that significant with the roots type except what the Brand might improve upon in tolerences, seals, oil, blowoff valves, intercooled, not intercooled etc...

Your Transmission will come into play here with the extra torque. This again applies too driving style, towing,leisure etc...

Welcome Aboard.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Chris welcome to the forum. I don't know about superchargers for the H2 so much but I have a Pro-Charger supercharger on my Corvette. No issues with it in two years. Not sure if they have an H2 application or not.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:51 PM

pro chargers are the best, the dealership where i bought my h2 offers a pro charger on the rampage performance kit, dosnt the procharger have a 3-36 warranty? the vette must be sick!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Hi Chris welcome to the forum. I don't know about superchargers for the H2 so much but I have a Pro-Charger supercharger on my Corvette. No issues with it in two years. Not sure if they have an H2 application or not.
Yep, I forgot about ATI Procharger, they have an intercooler and self contained oil system, good stuff.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:58 AM

I would say the Magnacharger would be the best option for you. Being a roots blower it is better suited for use on a large vehicle because it makes boost throughout the powerband.

Procharger makes an exelent product and can produce a ton of power and I've seen them do amazing things even on trucks.... just think if you aren't planning on going crazy with it, the magna is the better choice.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:28 AM

Magnacharger is the aftermarket brand for Eaton Automotive. Eaton makeRoots style kits for other makers. As you probably know, Eaton supply the bulk of the OEM superchagers including VW, Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz etc.

Procharger make a great unit as well.

Best
Dom

Old 01-30-2008, 07:15 AM

I can vouch for the Magnuson. The Eaton, Magnuson, and Lingenfelter are the same unit. With the Magnuson, I now have a 0-60 @ 6 secs and if I drive "nicely" I get a little better mpg than stock.

Tim

Old 01-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Thanks @ all for the answers...I think I buy the Lingenfelter package.
They make a good offer. Is the same like Magnacharger they say