Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Reason NOT to Buy a 2003 or 2004 H2

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Talking Reason NOT to Buy a 2003 or 2004 H2

New Member who is heavily considering buying an H2-

I love the look, performance (of what I have read), size..etc.

I currently have an Outlander 2010 and due to a recent travel/camping trip realized that we really want something bigger... So go big or go home right?

However, the opinions are certainly mixed on the H2's which is why I am asking the following:

Aside from the less desirable gas mileage, is there any reason whatsover to NOT purchase a used H2 with between 60k and 100k miles?

My wife would be the only one driving it daily to take our daughter to school in the city of Long Beach, CA (Which is a little cramped, but we could manage driving I think).

Ideally I would buy it and drive it to Washington State this winter to see my family.

So, ANY help or comments at all would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

No reason not to buy one. Later models have better engine/tranny combos but the 03/04 models can be bought at very reasonable prices. As with any vehicle purchase have it checked out before buying if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. No SUV is more comfortable to drive and ride in than an H2.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:24 AM

Thank you for the feedback-

I have looked around to see what kind of miles someone could put on an H2, and I have seen some over 200k with no issues.

My wife seems to be really into buying a tank to drive her and our daughter around in, and the price point seems good to me.

Originally Posted by 3hummers
No reason not to buy one. Later models have better engine/tranny combos but the 03/04 models can be bought at very reasonable prices. As with any vehicle purchase have it checked out before buying if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. No SUV is more comfortable to drive and ride in than an H2.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:03 PM

H2's are one of the best vehicles every created IMO. I couldn't stand them when they were new. That was until I was looking to trade in my GTO and just for the hell of it decided to test drive one-actually the one I ended up buying. I was amazed at the features and the sheer size of the thing! I thought about it over night and went back the next day and bought mine. I have never looked back, to this day little kits point and yell when I drive by, truly nothing like it on the road even to this day.

I was called by my local dealership about trading it in, my answer was, there is absolutely no way!

Old 09-01-2015, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
H2's are one of the best vehicles every created IMO. I couldn't stand them when they were new. That was until I was looking to trade in my GTO and just for the hell of it decided to test drive one-actually the one I ended up buying. I was amazed at the features and the sheer size of the thing! I thought about it over night and went back the next day and bought mine. I have never looked back, to this day little kits point and yell when I drive by, truly nothing like it on the road even to this day.

I was called by my local dealership about trading it in, my answer was, there is absolutely no way!
-

Thank you again for the feedback...

I am leaning to buy one heavily

New Audi Cars in West Covina | Audi A3, A4, A6, Q5, Q7

Old 09-17-2015, 12:48 PM

I had my first H2 over three years ago and sold it when the family and I moved to an urban setting, I regretted the next day and got one as soon as my lease was up. The kids at my kids school call it the fire truck since they both were 2004 Victory Red. When I sold the first one my kids were mad. They said we aren't going to be popular anymore.
As mentioned before they are very dependable, but make sure you have it looked at by a Hummer mechanic. I just replaced my air springs with coil springs because of leaking air bags.
You will never loose you vehicle in a parking lot again!

Old 09-17-2015, 03:08 PM

I never really wanted an H2, I much preferred the H3 and in some ways still do. Then I let this forum (or maybe the other one, I forget) convince me to just test drive one. I bought my H2 the next day.

If MPG and tight city driving and parking are not an issue I can only think of one reason not to buy an '03/'04 H2, and that's because you can buy a newer one. Not everyone will agree, but I like the '08/'09 models a lot more than my '06. Bigger and more powerful engine, same or slightly better mpg, re-designed interior. I just couldn't justify the nearly 50% price increase, at least when I bought mine.