Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rattling buzzing sound under acceleration and decceleration.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Default Rattling buzzing sound under acceleration and decceleration.

I just bought an 2006 H3 hummer and started noticing a rattling/buzzing sound when I accelerate or decelerate . It sounds like its coming from behind the middle console . I have read some more posts on this and they seem to point to a loose heat shield but mine is solid no movement. But it still makes this noise almost sounds like brakes or rotors are grinding for about a few seconds but it is strange and it sounds k
Like a rubbing/rattling sound coming from behind the middle console and gear selector. Has anyone heard more on this lately thanks

Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Have you checked your skid guards or any under carriage protection you have to make sure those bolts are all tight.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM

No not yet but I will thanks

Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Default grinding noise.

Ok so Im new to this post and I just purchased a 2003 H2. I had the grinding noise on acceleration and de celeration as well i went through the thing to find nothing.

Well there is something i did find.... the grinding noise was the belt tensioner for the Ac compressor. My ac is acting up if i were to shutoff the ac and rev up to 2000 rpm then no noise... i turn the ac on and rev up around 1800-2000 it will start and its bad.

how did i find out going on the hifghway i hit traffic so i had to slow down.. the ac was working and as usual aronud 2000 the grinding noise.. then the grinding noise stopped and the ac was giving me hot air.. as soon as this happened I got a tracton controll light on and an abs light on..

its really anoying. according to a service bulletin i read the tensioner breaking is common when the complressor is acting up.

has this happen to anyone?

Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by royalh2
Ok so Im new to this post and I just purchased a 2003 H2. I had the grinding noise on acceleration and de celeration as well i went through the thing to find nothing.

Well there is something i did find.... the grinding noise was the belt tensioner for the Ac compressor. My ac is acting up if i were to shutoff the ac and rev up to 2000 rpm then no noise... i turn the ac on and rev up around 1800-2000 it will start and its bad.

how did i find out going on the hifghway i hit traffic so i had to slow down.. the ac was working and as usual aronud 2000 the grinding noise.. then the grinding noise stopped and the ac was giving me hot air.. as soon as this happened I got a tracton controll light on and an abs light on..

its really anoying. according to a service bulletin i read the tensioner breaking is common when the complressor is acting up.

has this happen to anyone?
This "New Member" area is not for techincal questions. Post your question in the H2 section.

This section is to say :Hello, I'm a new guy or gal. So Hello and welcome.