PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member in Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Default New member in Ohio

Hello to everyone!
I recently purchased an H3 2008 model for my wife. It's a low mileage vehicle in what appears to be very good condition! My only trouble is the stereo system, and it appears it's been trouble for many H3 owners.
I'm looking to track down the schematics for the audio system with what seems to be a base system with OnStar.
It had intermittent sound from door speakers, then those went out completely.
I replaced the head unit with a pioneer double DIN unit and installed a backup camera, along with the correct pieces to retain door chimes and OnStar.
The missing speaker sound remained the same (only A pillar Tweeters working), then all of a sudden one day ALL of the speakers began working again! The next morning it was back to only tweeters, and remains this way today...
I read an awful lot of people blaming speakers in similar situations, but I have a hard time with the idea of all speakers going out at once, and I have heard blown speakers many times... They usually just sound like ****, and the magnet itself still pulses whatever is left of the speaker cone..
Any good posts regarding these issues to scour through?
Any schematics being passed around? They can be just about any format.. PDF, DWG, etc..
Thanks for any help!!

Old 12-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome