PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New member from NC

Old 11-05-2016, 03:49 AM
Default New member from NC

Hello everyone,
I am from Fayetteville NC, and am currently in the market for an H2. My wife and I have been very interested in an H2 for a few years now, and I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on one. We came close to purchasing one last month, but my wife got cold feet. I'm going to go ahead and get one for us for Christmas without her knowing. I could be asking for problems, but it'll be ok in the long run. Anyways I have my sights on an 03 with 114k. It's in excellent condition, and I as just looking for some advice. Is there anything I should immediately look for when I go to look at it? I was going to check the tranny fluid, and check for leaks around the front and rear diffs. Not sure what else. Any advice is appreciated and I look forward to learning a lot here. I come from a performance background so the off-road scene will be new to me.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by VenomousNemesis
Hello everyone,
I am from Fayetteville NC, and am currently in the market for an H2. My wife and I have been very interested in an H2 for a few years now, and I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on one. We came close to purchasing one last month, but my wife got cold feet. I'm going to go ahead and get one for us for Christmas without her knowing. I could be asking for problems, but it'll be ok in the long run. Anyways I have my sights on an 03 with 114k. It's in excellent condition, and I as just looking for some advice. Is there anything I should immediately look for when I go to look at it? I was going to check the tranny fluid, and check for leaks around the front and rear diffs. Not sure what else. Any advice is appreciated and I look forward to learning a lot here. I come from a performance background so the off-road scene will be new to me.
This is a follow up post to this previous one. I ended up buying my first H2 a few days after this, and ended up surprising my wife with it for Christmas. She loves it, and so do I. I've already done a few things to it, because I definitely couldn't leave it stock. I'll post some pictures later, I'm currently at work. These things are beasts! My liberal neighbor gave me hell about it as soon as she saw it.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:15 PM

Haha. I live in a very snobby, prius - driving area. Love the looks I get. Congrats!

Old 01-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Old 01-15-2017, 01:54 PM

Welcome to HF. Post pix of your H2