PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Las Vegas H1 HUMMER Driver, New To The Club..

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:23 AM
GFX
Default Las Vegas H1 HUMMER Driver, New To The Club..

Greetings,
Im a few months into my first H1, a 2002 Wagon.. Interesting ride so far, its my second Hummer, last was a 2006 H3 which i enjoyed a little to much off road leading to an early demise.
Im looking for Locals to lend a helping hand finding service parts, advice etc.. As well as getting involved in events and community. I frequent the desert and anything i can climb over and preferably scare myself a little on..
Thanks for hosting a great forum, i've referenced it many times as a non-member. Very helpful.
Much appreciated !!

Old 10-15-2014, 11:13 PM

I too have just picked up a 96 H1 Wagon and am enjoying the State Smog test issues tomorrow. Anything I should be aware of?

Also - I have an H2 and off-road just about every weekend. Cold Creek, Corn Creek, Eldorado Canyon, etc.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:44 AM
GFX

There are only a few places that can do it as they need to DYNO test it simultaneously and the number of places that DYNO test 4x4 is next to none. I went out to Cheyenne and 15North. Pretty painless, guys were cool.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Chad Hall and Tom Cepek in Vegas can probably help direct you for parts and service.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Chad Hall and Tom Cepek in Vegas can probably help direct you for parts and service.
Thanks for the info. I'm having the rear brakes replaced now and was able to get the parts from RubberDuck. Anyone know a good H1 mechanic I can count on, in Vegas?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:02 AM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by GFX
There are only a few places that can do it as they need to DYNO test it simultaneously and the number of places that DYNO test 4x4 is next to none. I went out to Cheyenne and 15North. Pretty painless, guys were cool.
You were correct, the guys up there were great.

I've been on two drives (Yucca Forest and Bonanza Camp in the snow) so far and have come to realize a couple things about the H1. One is to roof mount the spare at the center of gravity and the other is that an 18yr old H1 shakes apart. I'm replacing the CTI switches and Mirror switch as they have either broken due to age or just failed. I came back Saturday and after parking I found both front tires flat. (The switches were both in the neutral position.) I was able to use the CTI to pump them back up but they went down again. A little spray component tuner and cleaner and it's been holding.

I have found RubberDuck to be an excellent supplier. If you go to the site map, there is a complete list of parts.

I have to admit, the H1 sure turns heads on the street and in the dirt.

This week I'm having the rook rack removed and some modifications made to it by 4WDParts.