PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREAKIN' FINALLY..! After YEARS..!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 12:09 AM
Default FREAKIN' FINALLY..! After YEARS..!

As the title says, I have wanted one for YEARS.
I just couldn't get around the mileage, I figured on the income of a Veteran I'd never be able to afford it...
It's utterly huge.
It is G O R G E O U S...
I have a family, how would I ever justify the added expense..?
My wrangler was cool, but it was too freakin' small to go on a real family outdoor trip, and the top is literally a real pain in the butt to take off, unless I get a really insecure, cold, easily shredded so you can steal all my cool crap, convertible.
But, as luck would have it, the tides had changed.
GM built one that was exactly what I needed. The H3.
One of my friends, that drives a full size Suburban even called them Trail Blazers with a body kit... over priced, and stupidly odd...
REALLY..?
Well, he ate his words today when I pulled up in his driveway with my 2007 H3, that actually got double his fuel mileage (In line 5 don't ya know).
Mine is ALL black except for the wheels and grille, his Suburban is, um... well kinda gold, tanish, limestone colored.
My stereo doesn't skip going down the road, with exactly the same CD in it.
More people give me thumbs ups drivin' it (Thanks cool Older gentlemen in your brand new BAD *** Camaro!, and hot convertible Volkswagen girl).
You see what he apparently didn't realize, until today, was the inherit nobility and naturally assumed code of a vehicle that replaced the iconic Jeep... Something I learned in the service of Uncle Sam, they don't replace anything in the military unless what they have newly acquired is so amazingly superior, in every facet of design and use, they would be fools in the eyes of their superiors to NOT upgrade to the newer instrument.
Granted, I fully understand, my H3 is by NO MEANS, an AM General, it is a more refined version, fit to a wider range of civilian use and weekend thrashings...
I have pined over Hummers to the point of obsession, and each time, it turned to disappointing regret in the fact that every other thing I bought was a cheap way to fill that void, but couldn't compare.
I broke them all to the point of no return...
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2001 Dodge Dakota 4 door
2000 Chevy S10 Blazer 4 door yes, it was 4 wd.
1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1989 Ford Bronco
198? Chevy S10 "Baja"
198? Chevy K5 Blazer
I am MORE EXCITED, and PROUDER than hell to finally be able to say...
Damn straight I own an H3, and it's cooler than hell too.
Hey all... It took me a while, but I made it.
Thanks for waitin'

Old 04-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Here it is, My Bad A$$ Mother F****R....
I LOVE my H3, as it's just a plain Jane, basic model, it'll be perfect to mod after the warranty has expired. This is where it's startin from.

Attached Thumbnails FREAKIN' FINALLY..! After YEARS..!-my-h3-day-1.jpg  
Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF and congrats on your H3.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Thumbs up

Welcome to HF and congrats on your H3. Need pic's

Old 04-13-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by H3Coyote
Here it is, My Bad A$$ Mother F****R....
I LOVE my H3, as it's just a plain Jane, basic model, it'll be perfect to mod after the warranty has expired. This is where it's startin from.
👍👍👍 congrats!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:01 PM

Congress, and welcome. When you want not plain, there is any amount of info for it in the search bar. And tons of helpful people here as well.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome. Congrats, I could not even tell you are excited about the new ride.

You lost me where your said: it'll be perfect to mod after the warranty has expired.

It's an 07 right, what warranty? Let the mods begin!

Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM

I was having some log in issues, It all seems cool now.
Thanks everybody for your response.
Doc Olds, cool name by the way, I remember seeing the Doctor Oldsmobile Ads in the old issues of Hot Rod and the like, very cool.
I bought it with 83,xxx on the clock as a "certified pre-owned". I was given a 90 day warranty for everything, then at that point I got an extended 100,000 mile warranty also, for just the drive train.
A friend of mine had worked for G.M. as a Tech for almost 12 years. He made sure it all got done right.
There are actually two sets of plans going through my brain, the usual what should be done first, "cool" plan, and the, "this could be insanely wild" plan.
Again, thanks everybody.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by H3Coyote
Doc Olds, cool name by the way, I remember seeing the Doctor Oldsmobile Ads in the old issues of Hot Rod and the like, very cool.
There are very few people that get what the handle is about, most of the crowd here is far too young, but you got it. When you remember seeing the Doctor Oldsmobile Ads in the "old issues" of car magazines, I was reading those and building cars & trucks when they were fresh off the press.

Welcome to the forums.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
There are very few people that get what the handle is about, most of the crowd here is far too young, but you got it. When you remember seeing the Doctor Oldsmobile Ads in the "old issues" of car magazines, I was reading those and building cars & trucks when they were fresh off the press.

Welcome to the forums.
That's too cool, I was just cutting them up and making a collage on my wall, until Senior got home, then I was spending my allowance to replace them. Ha, those were the days!
I remember the Hurst Shifter in the ads was the same one he put in his Cutlass, That was one hell of a cool ride, all my friends at school loved the scoops on the hood. They would just mill around and stare at that car. It was pretty hypnotizing!
Thanks for the memories!
See you in the forums sir.