Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3T
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2010, 11:30 AM

Default What exactly happens if Hummer goes under?

Will this inflate or deflate the prices of the current stock of unsold Hummers and resale values? How long will parts be available? Will this end the production of after market accessories? What does it all mean????? Just thought I would throw this out there and see what everyone thinks. Long Live Hummer!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:54 PM

I actually think, in the short term anyway(first 5 years or so), it will drive up the price. As there is still demand for these, both 2's & 3's. GM has to keep parts available for quite some time. Let's just hope they find a buyer that revitalizes the market. Without my H3 this winter, I would have been snowbound!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 PM

I don't know about the value of the trucks but I think by law GM is required to have parts available for 10 years after they stop production. That is as long as GM stays around for 10 years.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
2009 Hummer H3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max01 View Post
I don't know about the value of the trucks but I think by law GM is required to have parts available for 10 years after they stop production. That is as long as GM stays around for 10 years.

This is true. By law, 10 years is the minimum amount of years for parts. I also am not sure about the aftermarket parts, but I would imagine they will still be available because of the mass hummers in circulation. There is still money to be made. I honestly don't think there will be anything to worry about... but there is always the possibility!

2009 Base Model H3T
And That's All.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 PM

I don't think GM is going anywhere's, there are talks that I saw on CNN that GM is paying the government back earlier than expected, and I found another thread on HF that GM was going to look at the other two potential buyers. I think were safe
The manuals are in PDF format and can be printed
CHECK YOUR SPAM MAILBOX FOR MY REPLY, I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITHIN A DAY
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Doubletough Send a message via Skype™ to Doubletough
Default just like SAAB

SAAB was saved at the last minute by a small company that had been dismissed early on in the selling process. Don't give up yet!

New May 1 Deadline for Sale of Hummer
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM

Tags
discontinued, ends, gm, h3, howlong, hummer, hummers, long, made, parts, production, stops, unsold, values