PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just traded my T for a F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Default Just traded my T for a F150

The end of the line for me and my T. Just traded it in on a new F150. I hope when/if the rest of you T owners trade/sell your T that you have better luck than I did. Mine was a 2010 base model with 56300 miles. What I would call average shape for 5 years old. Their original offer was 18,000 when it KBB/NADA'd at around 23000. I started to get up and leave. They said to relax. that they had to start somewhere and that they had no clue what to give for it as it's very rare, and they've never even seen one. They called other dealers and did some homework. They called me back the next morning and offered 21000. We settled on 22000 after I took it to CarMax for an appraisal and was offered 22000. From what the Cadillac dealer(former hummer dealer) and the Ford dealer told me that their sources were saying...Banks aren't financing Hummers anymore due to not being made and parts becoming unavailable. Therefore any buyers need to have full cash in hand to purchase. That sealed the deal for me. How long was it going to retain value, and how hard would it be to get rid of in the future due to banks not financing them? I enjoyed it while I had it, but now it's the dealers problem to find a buyer and not mine to worry about!!! I'm not recommending anyone get rid of theirs by any means, just offering something to think about. If anyone is out there that is interested in one. Mine is currently at Fox Valley Ford in North Aurora, Illinois. Aurora, IL 2010 HUMMER H3T | Serving Yorkville, IL & St. Charles, IL | T8708A | 5GNRNGEE4A8121638

Old 08-30-2015, 01:11 PM

Sounds like BS to me.
Banks are still financing Olds, Pontiac and Plymouth and they have been gone longer than HUMMER.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:36 PM

What a load of crap. They gave you a fair price for a base 3.7. The rest is just typical used sales fluff.
Banks do not care about who makes the vehicle, they care about what it is worth and how much they will make off you as a customer. I imagine the sales department had a great time making money off you.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by kls4477
The end of the line for me and my T. Just traded it in on a new F150. I hope when/if the rest of you T owners trade/sell your T that you have better luck than I did. Mine was a 2010 base model with 56300 miles. What I would call average shape for 5 years old. Their original offer was 18,000 when it KBB/NADA'd at around 23000. I started to get up and leave. They said to relax. that they had to start somewhere and that they had no clue what to give for it as it's very rare, and they've never even seen one. They called other dealers and did some homework. They called me back the next morning and offered 21000. We settled on 22000 after I took it to CarMax for an appraisal and was offered 22000. From what the Cadillac dealer(former hummer dealer) and the Ford dealer told me that their sources were saying...Banks aren't financing Hummers anymore due to not being made and parts becoming unavailable. Therefore any buyers need to have full cash in hand to purchase. That sealed the deal for me. How long was it going to retain value, and how hard would it be to get rid of in the future due to banks not financing them? I enjoyed it while I had it, but now it's the dealers problem to find a buyer and not mine to worry about!!! I'm not recommending anyone get rid of theirs by any means, just offering something to think about. If anyone is out there that is interested in one. Mine is currently at Fox Valley Ford in North Aurora, Illinois. Aurora, IL 2010 HUMMER H3T | Serving Yorkville, IL & St. Charles, IL | T8708A | 5GNRNGEE4A8121638
Congrats! ... you most likely made the right decision. I love my H but the time will come to give it up and I will be looking at a Truck also. As far as Detroit Tainter, he like many of the good ol boys here simply can't part with their toys and have a hard time believing anything that is anti-Hummer. I have also heard about the loan failures for Hummer but can't confirm if this is true or not.

Enjoy your truck

Last edited by H3Ray; 08-30-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:01 PM

Bought my 06 H3 from the Cadillac dealer in Phoenix last year.
Had no problem financing it with Chase.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

When banks finance something they look at the credit worthiness of the borrower and sources of repayment. The asset being financed is the last thing they look at because they don't want it, they want to be paid. If you have good credit you will get your loan. They don't make 67 Corvettes of 430 Ferraris anymore both you can get a loan to buy them most anywhere. You got sold a line of crap to pressure you to make a deal. Hopefully you are happy with your new truck but it will be worth less than your T in a year or so and the T will hold its value from here on out.
As usual troll Ray is cheerleading the wrong direction.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:41 PM

Congrats KLS. You were totally bull****ted by a used car dealer.
No big surprise but sorry they got you.
Lesson learned.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:38 PM

BS or not. I didn't want to find out the hard way. I needed something with more interior room that doesn't send the front seat into the dashboard the second I added a child seat to the backseat. Which left me with going full size. I wasn't all that happy with the 3.7. It was underpowered and couldn't get out of it's own way. In the 5 years I had it, I put 3 batteries in it. GM couldn't find anything wrong with it. Original tires were gone at 35000. I felt 22k was pretty fair. They won't do a deal unless they make money off of a trade anyway. I'm happy with the 150. More room, more power, more cargo space, and you can get accessories without hunting online, ordering them, to get an email back saying it's been discontinued.

Old 09-01-2015, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
When banks finance something they look at the credit worthiness of the borrower and sources of repayment. The asset being financed is the last thing they look at because they don't want it, they want to be paid. If you have good credit you will get your loan. They don't make 67 Corvettes of 430 Ferraris anymore both you can get a loan to buy them most anywhere. You got sold a line of crap to pressure you to make a deal. Hopefully you are happy with your new truck but it will be worth less than your T in a year or so and the T will hold its value from here on out.
As usual troll Ray is cheerleading the wrong direction.
I never stated all banks decline H loans ... But are many doing now. Hey good ol boy, do your research before preaching your typical BS.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Learn to read and understand troll. I said nothing referenced in your post. Your trolling days are coming to an end.

Quick Reply: Just traded my T for a F150