PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer h3t 3.7l inline 5 issues need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 10:35 PM
Default Hummer h3t 3.7l inline 5 issues need help please

So I was driving on a dirt road and went over a washboard (small bumps) in the road and the hummer just shut off when I came to a stop I put it in park turned the key off and took it out of the ignition then noticed (with the door open) my stereo was still on my halos were also on the dinger from the door was Goin off (key is not in the ignition mind you) and it said I was in 3rd gear not park and it won't start but it will turn over hooked it up to a code reader and got 2 codes first code was fuel pump primary circuit second code was lost connection to fuel pump control module any ideas would be great I started with fuel system but was told it might be my PCM lost programming when I put the key in and turn on everything straightens out and turns over just won't start

Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 AM

1st, check you battery connections. The OEM are terrible. If you can move them they are shot.

2nd, I would check your fuel pump fuse/relay under the hood.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
1st, check you battery connections. The OEM are terrible. If you can move them they are shot.

So battery is good all relays tested out good all tested at local parts store and still no start but it will how ever turn over

Old 08-02-2016, 08:08 AM

Sounds like something came loose on the washboards.
Also sounds electrical. Try checking all the connections for the fuel system first?

Old 08-02-2016, 08:15 AM

Sounds like something came loose on the washboards.
Also sounds electrical. Try checking all the connections for the fuel system first?
Went through all connections yesterday from the fuse block, the pcm,the ecm,the fuel pump control module and the pump itself and nothing also it now is throughing 6 codes the abs light the traction control and is in reduced power mode and I'm lost at the moment every time I do something to it it gets wrost and I haven't really done much but had a free things tested the connection were done with the battery unhooked

Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

#1 was an important step and I think you blew right by it. More H3 electrical gremlins are caused by the battery terminal connectors than you can imagine. Let's try it again in a question. Do you have the OEM battery terminal connectors? When supposedly tightened in proper position on the battery, will either of them move if you give them a wiggle?

Get under the truck with your head by the fuel tank/pump, have someone else turn the key, can you hear the fuel pump? If you are not sure, you can disconnect the fuel line where ever easiest to access, then turn the key to start, if no fuel, you need a pump. Which of course is a PITA to replace because you have to drop the tank,

Old 08-02-2016, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
#1 was an important step and I think you blew right by it. More H3 electrical gremlins are caused by the battery terminal connectors than you can imagine. Let's try it again in a question. Do you have the OEM battery terminal connectors? When supposedly tightened in proper position on the battery, will either of them move if you give them a wiggle?

Get under the truck with your head by the fuel tank/pump, have someone else turn the key, can you hear the fuel pump? If you are not sure, you can disconnect the fuel line where ever easiest to access, then turn the key to start, if no fuel, you need a pump. Which of course is a PITA to replace because you have to drop the tank,

So the terminals are not oem they have been replaced and the fuel pump does not come on so I checked for power at the pump it's not even getting power then I checked for power at the fuel pump control module and nothing there either

Old 08-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

As far as you know, has anyone ever had the fuse box apart? Are you missing power in any other circuits?

If the fuse box was apart, and the harness connectors under the fuse block were not snapped back in all the way, I can picture that with enough vibration the harness connector(s) came loose? Long shot, but thought I would ask.
Name:  IMG_6372.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  151.5 KB

Old 08-02-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
As far as you know, has anyone ever had the fuse box apart? Are you missing power in any other circuits?

If the fuse box was apart, and the harness connectors under the fuse block were not snapped back in all the way, I can picture that with enough vibration the harness connector(s) came loose? Long shot, but thought I would ask.

Not to sure on that I will have to look and see I've only had the truck about 6 months so it's all new to me

Old 08-05-2016, 05:28 AM

Is this a silver H3T with black striped graphics package on it? I may be the previous owner and be able to give some history on it. (not necessarily a solution to your problem though)