PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat reduction hood?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 03:54 PM

Where I was going with that, but had to leave, was that I can do a scoop and could do bigger flares but since at this time I don't want either I just let that slide. Seems the older I get the more things I have I would like to do but time gets away from me.
That was a street car we converted pretty much all race now.
I did make some ducting thru the air effect dam that runs to the twin coolers and also to the brakes. I made those with carbon fiber and really like the weight savings and strength of that process and it would work for an H3 scoop maybe leaving the carbon fiber showing.
I was working on a replacement facia piece for the front end out of carbon fiber for my H3 but decided instead to use 14 gauge steel or maybe less. I can't work that and my fab guy is still tied up and can't get my order of skids made yet.
Traveling and wheeling is my first priority but I still plan to do some of this, maybe maybe not ever get it all done.
I have done a few things to my Alpha that have been great improvements and will try to do a few more. Client's rides seem to take up my time but money is nice, for Hummer parts.
Mod on!
Name:  DAH_1483-1.jpg
Views: 1268
Size:  140.4 KB

Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM

That's a Rubberduck 4x4 H3/H3T faux hood scoop Hunner. It's still on the site, not sure if available or made to order.

Hummer H3 H3 Hood Scoop

Nice spot for a LED bar too if you ask me

Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 AM

Hunner, the man, the myth, the legend!! You do awesome work, love your skids!!, And any other prototype parts you make and we eagerly buy!!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM

Ha ha infamous fits well.
Air intake I never mass produced.
I failed on getting the new UCP made but someone else took it on.
My skids and steering rack sleeves seem to be on backorder.
And my metal facia project seems to be pushed back.
I had a rock rail project that died.
The rear racks never happened.
I had good intentions but........
Guess I'm gettin old and slow.
However I have more spare time without doing all that and I will just go wheelin and testing until they get done, or not.
I hope I can help make the H3 things we need or inspire others to get involved.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:59 PM

Guys check out www.hoodlouvers.com I have the large h3 louver on my rig. basicly you remove the plastic louver and cut out opening under new powder coated steel louver and attach with either stainless rivits or bolts.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by davidducati
Guys check out www.hoodlouvers.com I have the large h3 louver on my rig. basicly you remove the plastic louver and cut out opening under new powder coated steel louver and attach with either stainless rivits or bolts.
Nice job on diggin up an almost 3 YEAR OLD thread for this valuable information on road side weenie warming options.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Nice job on diggin up an almost 3 YEAR OLD thread for this valuable information on road side weenie warming options.
Nice job being a D-Bag to a fellow Hummer owner. I thought it was a good idea to put a decent reply other than the stupid race cars or plastic hood scoop options. Your wasting my time with you mall crawler opinions!

Old 03-22-2015, 12:19 PM
rsc

Nice, I like that website. Do you have any pictures of the louvers on your truck? Wondering about how much you cut out and if you had water issues the past few weeks with the rain.