PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hard tonneau cover suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Default Hard tonneau cover suggestions...

Looking for suggestions on a hard tonneau cover. I'd like to keep it under a grand. Locking is a plus, but not required. The ones I've found are:

Extang Solid Fold: Extang Solid Fold Hummer H3T|56440

Roll-N-Lock: Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover for Hummer H3T

HardHat: Hummer H3T HardHat Hard Folding Tonneau Cover by Advantage Truck Accessories

SnugTop Snuglid: HUMMER H3T SnugLid by SnugTop

DiamondBack: Pricing for the Hummer H3T Cover by DiamondBack and Accessories

I like the looks of the Roll-N-Lock, but not really the price. Don't like the way the DiamondBack or SnugLid open, plus the price is higher than I'd like to pay. The extang looks like it is a better product than the HardHat, but not really sure.

Any other options I missed, or opinions on any of these?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 AM

I have had the Extang solid fold on my 6 1/2 ft bed Silverado for almost 3 years. No, it doesn't lock, but in the 20 odd years that I have had a tonneau cover of some sort on my pick ups, nobody has ever bothered anything in the back.

The unit is durable, and has maintained it's good looks even thru light hail.

The only possible drawback might be it's weight. It folds back easy enough, but it might be a little heavy for an old man if I needed to remove it for a big load. However, if I had to load something that large, I would most likely have additional help, anyway.

I like it.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 PM

Extang gets my vote. Not only for features but those features come at a very reasonable price. Made in the USA in AnnArbor, MI.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:51 AM

I have the Extang and would highly recommend it. I got mine from an Ebay seller for 619. shipped. I also added a popnlock tailgate lock for a totally secure bed. Link to cover although price is now 639. 56440 Hard Tri Fold Tonneau Cover Hummer H3T 2009-2010 | eBay
and popnlock $60.17 POP & LOCK PL1300H3T* *POP&LOCK* *MANUFACTURER P's* *RAD TOYS CENTRAL LLC

Old 04-24-2011, 10:48 AM

The Snugtop looks great...

Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
The Snugtop looks great...
It does - the two snugtops (flat and slant-back canopy) are probably the best looking of all the covers I've seen. I don't like the way you have to lift the entire thing up instead of fold/roll back, or the price.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM

I just ordered the Roll N Lock for mine on Monday, hopefully I'll get it sometime next week and will be able to let you know what I think. I just wanted something simple that I wouldn't have to take off every time I wanted to throw my mountain bike in the bed.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM

I have the Roll N Lock. Its great and it locke my tail gate. I do not think there is another that will lok you tail gate. Get it you love it.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:36 AM

Diamond backs lock and have a life time warranty. No to mention ypu can hawl upto the box's limit of 500lbs on the cover.
No matter wich cover you get, ypu will still need to get a pop n' lock

Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 AM

Have to post some pics after you decide and install, you know how we looooove pics, lol. Also how does the Roll N Lock lock the tailgate? Don't you still have to install the Pop n Lock to lock the tailgate? My Diamond back locks also but had to install a Pol n Lock to lock the tialgate. Yep it will hold some weight (recomended to a little over 400lbs but tested to over 600lbs so it can handle anywhere in the 500lb range. Wish Diamondback had made the heavy duty version for the T as well, it's rated to somewhere around 1400-1600lbs if memory serves. Their pics show 2 ATV's riding ontop . Of course you couldn't get 2 ATV's on the back of a T sideways though, lol. I load my son's small ATV on top and mine behind on a trailer , my XMr wouldn't fit in the bed either . I had to go with the bank vault version of a bed cover due to overyly sticky and determined fingers in my area .

Last edited by beachbum; 05-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Hard tonneau cover suggestions...