PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3T slant back bed cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Question H3T slant back bed cover?

I just sold my H3 and got a silver H3T Alpha. Seen some pics online of the H3T with the "slant back" style bed cover. Looks pretty good but can only find them for sale online through a company called "Snugtop." Anybody know where else I could find these / price them out. Checked on e-bay...nothing.

Also just want to know if these covers are any good / worth the money. Thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 AM

Hey H3TJon,

I went through the same thing trying to find a snugtop slant back for my H3T. I had to make the drive from Chicago to St. Louis and have it installed at the Snugtop Mid-west distripution center. It was a pain and I did not want to pay the higher cost to have it shipped if I bough online but it is a nice made top and was worth the extra effort and drive.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by H3TJon
I just sold my H3 and got a silver H3T Alpha. Seen some pics online of the H3T with the "slant back" style bed cover. Looks pretty good but can only find them for sale online through a company called "Snugtop." Anybody know where else I could find these / price them out. Checked on e-bay...nothing.

Also just want to know if these covers are any good / worth the money. Thanks
Where are you located? I know of an H3T Silver slant back looking for a good home. PM me your location and ph#.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM

I'm in cleveland. And since I'm new to the forum don't know how to "PM". Didn't want to send my number in a message that may have shown up for the world to see.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 PM

PM is a private message...i.e. only Tainter would see the information you send him, like an email.

As for the slantback, I've got one and really like it a lot. It is not the most practical bed cover made, but allows for protection of your gear and is aesthetically pleasing (in my opinion). I've slept in the bed a few times when camping. I pull the slantback down, lower the tailgate, and voila -- instant tent!

One word of warning: These completely eliminate any rear visibility you might have. I combated the loss of rear visibility with a pair of bubble mirrors on the side views and that helped a great deal. I've also got a back-up camera, which has proven itself invaluable.

For purchase, I would recommend using Tim at ***********************. He is a fellow Hummer owner and really takes care of his own -- not to mention he is a SnugTop authorized dealer. Give him a call at 303.766.3239. He is out of Colorado, so heed the time difference.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

Last edited by Hummer Aficionado_VT; 03-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by H3TJon
I'm in cleveland. And since I'm new to the forum don't know how to "PM". Didn't want to send my number in a message that may have shown up for the world to see.
He is out West, so it might be cost prohibitive for you due to shipping. I'll try to send you a PM.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:27 AM

Through a Snugtop dealer I was given a price of $2995 for the color matched slant back H3T cover. The shipping would be an additional $500. Pretty expensive so I don't think I'm going to get it. Would rather save the money and still be able to see out my back window. Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Default Do u still have slant back too for sale ?

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Where are you located? I know of an H3T Silver slant back looking for a good home. PM me your location and ph#.
Do u still have the top avaliable ? How much ? And where are you located if you can text me and let me know and shoot me a couple of pics of possible that would be great thank again , Scott wills (304)952-2392

Old 06-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Scottwills21
Do u still have the top avaliable ? How much ? And where are you located if you can text me and let me know and shoot me a couple of pics of possible that would be great thank again , Scott wills (304)952-2392
Sure, the guy Tainter knows still has that top from FIVE plus years ago.

Posting your ph# on a internet forum is a bad idea... brush up on your Asian dialects.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scottwills21
He sure does not.