Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

Always wanted one... gonna buy one!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
Here I am!!!

I have a base model H3T without front and rear lockers.
Whoa! I guess I somehow never realized you didn't have lockers. That makes your pictures even more awesome!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by beitodesstrafe
Whoa! I guess I somehow never realized you didn't have lockers. That makes your pictures even more awesome!
That's because it doesn't matter the truck so much, just the driver who knows how to drive it. That's why I laugh when I see trucks with lockers struggling over obstacles and I don't. Just like Hans in Jersey when we went. He was getting stuck in everything and he has an alpha. I went through everything he got stuck in. I will give him benefit of the doubt in that case ONLY because it was his first time. All about choosing your lines is where I succeed! So you didn't like them the first time?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 PM

So you didn't like them the first time?

Haha

That's why I said even more awesome.

They were awesome before.

It seems I've not actually gotten to do much proper wheeling with you. Back in April, I hung around in the newbie bunch for my first RC run when you broke off.

Then, of course a couple weeks ago in July, you weren't able to hit the park after the car show.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 PM

Maybe Labor day I will be there. I will be home the weekend before from DI so money will be tight. We will see once it gets a little closer.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

That's because it doesn't matter the truck so much, just the driver who knows how to drive it. That's why I laugh when I see trucks with lockers struggling over obstacles and I don't. Just like Hans in Jersey when we went. He was getting stuck in everything and he has an alpha. I went through everything he got stuck in. I will give him benefit of the doubt in that case ONLY because it was his first time. All about choosing your lines is where I succeed! So you didn't like them the first time?
Most newbies struggle a little the first few times they go out. Experience plays a large role in how successful people are when offroading and they get it by doing it and getting help from the more experienced wheelers. Some newbies are fortunate enough to run with experienced people that will take the time to help them learn. It pays to run with the right people, speeds the learning curve and cuts down on the carnage.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:10 AM

Couldn't agree more. We usually spend more time out of our trucks than we do in them. We were all in the same situation at one time. It's all a matter of how new people evolve and choose to listen. I'm sure you see it too, the new guy that thinks they can take on the world. I would offer advice once and if they don't take it, sorry! I would rather take the time to show anybody something to help them learn rather than make them learn it on their own. That's what this community is about and that's what keeps it going. Without it, we would have nobody to wheel with.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by kshummer
Oh my... you can wheel these things??? I used to have a lifted Suzuki Samurai with all the bells and whistles that I wheeled like crazy! But my sami was only like a $5K investment... don't know if I could wheel a $30K H3T!!
As you can see by the other pics (I love when a thread turns into a picture posting thread), yes we wheel these things. In the last 15 years I've owned 2 Wranglers, 2 Cherokees, and 1 Grand Cherokee, all stock or lifted but no lockers on any. With my kids getting older they outgrew my lifted on 32" MTs Cherokee and I traded it in on an H3 (then turned around 5 months later and traded the H3 for my H3t). I don't consider myself a hardcore wheeler, but I do push things at times. I am 100% confident that my T is easily more offroad capable than any jeep I've ever owned.

For wheeling, I really don't think the v8 vs. I5 matters, and the I5 is fine around town and typical highway driving as well. Where I suspect you would notice the difference would be passing (or just going hammer down), hills at highway speed, and towing something heavy. I live in UT and the week before last I did a road trip visiting family - Gig Harbor Washington and Salem Oregon. Delivered a table to brother-in-law in WA, picked up my kids and all their stuff from their grandparents in OR, took my grandpa to pick up some seats for his sweat-*** 1950's military jeep he is restoring (he was in the marines and is restoring it close to that)... Cruised along at 9mph over the speed limit, hours at 84mph. Hours of mountain driving. If the premium for the v8 puts you off like it did me, the I5 will be ok. 2,250 miles and every type of driving between Rockies in UT and the OR coast hwy 101. Personally, I'll be going with a PCM4Less tune. The I5 is acceptable, but more power would be very welcome. If I had to do it over I'd still buy an I5, but if you're comfortable paying the price difference I'd recommend going with an Alpha. Nice comfortable ride, utility of a truck even if the bed is a bit small, and great offroad ability.

No really good action shots, but a teaser:

Name:  100_0464.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  110.9 KB

t-bar crank, no leveling kit:

Old 08-17-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by kshummer
Here are a couple pics I found of the one I'm looking at. Does it look like it has an Off-road Package? I included an exterior as well as a interior picture.

If your not into the sung top we can make a deal for it !!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 11:12 AM

I wish I had bought one of those slantbacks when they were still making them. It seems ever model of truck I have ever owned there was one accessory that was hard to impossible to find.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKH3T
I wish I had bought one of those slantbacks when they were still making them. It seems ever model of truck I have ever owned there was one accessory that was hard to impossible to find.
I was on the fence on whether I wanted one or not, and the $$ made me decided I didn't need one. Lately I've been using my T for hauling stuff, like a truck should be used. That Slant back would have been a terrible hassle, I'm glad the price tag scared me away. On the other hand, for camping and such, the slant back would be perfect. I'll be picking up a folding top in the near future (tried to by one before my trip a few weeks ago but they couldn't get on in in time). This will give me a covered bed and still let me fold it back for big bulky items where you just need the top completely out of the way. It all depends on what you plan to with it.