Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

Affordable shocks for H3T

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Default Affordable shocks for H3T

Hi guys, my girlfriend's dad has been convinced that her truck needs a new set of shocks and thinks it will probably cost 1000 dollars. After a quick search, I didn't see any shocks that cost more than 500. I figured if I could install a new set of shocks for a lower price I may be able to talk him into some that will give some increased performance. Are the shocks I have seen absolute crap off-brand stuff? Will I be able to install a new set of shocks with a floor jack and some everyday tools? When I search H3T shocks I get results with coil overs for the front, are these just to level out the ride and work in parallel with the torsion bars? Would it be possible or remotely beneficial to do a lower price conversion to coil overs on the front?

TL;DR
What are some good H3T shocks for some average crawling that may add a little flex and smooth out some higher speed rough road drives?

Old 02-20-2017, 07:53 AM

All H3/H3Ts use shocks, not coil overs. That was a bad website. Shocks are a combination of budget and the ride you are looking for.

Monroe and KYB make some great replacement shocks with a decent price point.

I prefer the OEM Adventure shocks or ARB Old Man Emu Nitrocharger shocks (same ride as the OEM Adventure on road but better OffRoad then the OEM Adventure shocks.)

You don't even need a floor Jack to replace the shocks,just a sawsall. Cut off the top of the shock bolt sticking out of the frame mount for the front shocks (the bolt is usually rusted on), remove the lower nut/bolt and slide it out. Slide the new one in, compress the shock to get the lower portion to the a-arm. Rears have a lower bolt/but and 2 upper bolts per side. A little tricky to get to the first time but not super difficult.

Shocks are all a personal opinion of what ride you want, 4wheel parts has good prices and free shipping.

Last edited by TAINTER; 02-24-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 AM

Amazon Amazon
These are the ones i used.