PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

won't start unless i disconnect and reconnect the battery cables

Old 05-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Default won't start unless i disconnect and reconnect the battery cables

Since I could remember once every couple years or so the "pass lock" thing thinks I'm stealing it as people say and it won't start...red car with lock comes on. I wait ten minutes and it starts. This time I had to wait thirty. This time it happened twice and the third time it didn't start at all.

Now it makes a weird cranking noise and doesn't start, unless I disconnect and reconnect the battery. Then it started. Now it won't start as I turned the car off.

Honestly not a clue cuz there's no real mechanics here. AHHHHH.

Disclaimer:
1.Yesterday was storming bad.
2.Yesterday something appeared "improper connectivity of brake lead." On my navigation screen.
3. Last week I thought something was leaking on the drivers side two mechanics said water pump and one said no just radiator then might as well water pump. I changed radiator at 120,000. I got frustrated not knowing what it really was and haven't gone to fixing it. My dad says the water pump is fine but this prob is too advanced for him.

I had him checked last week because the temp Guage got up to the third mark but wasn't quite over heating. It's fine now.

Just being really really weird!!! It won't start and all lights and radio and power stuff works

I'm just lost. I called a mobile mechanic described problem he said I know what it is but if I tell you I won't get paid. So I'm trying to see if anyone has a clue before I'm out $70.

Last edited by juicebox123; 05-14-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

When you ask a question,always include YEAR & Model.

Do you have a sunroof?

Old 05-19-2015, 02:51 PM
rsc

Sounds like you need to replace your battery terminals with good, aftermarket terminals. Might need a battery if its getting old. Low voltage will wreak havoc on the systems in an H3.

Is the "leak" from the a/c water drain line?