Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

wiper washer weirdness and license plate light help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Default wiper washer weirdness and license plate light help

Hello folks! I got onto your forum when my girlfriend found an '06 H3 for sale and we both fell in love with it. A bunch of great info on here that helped me look for things when purchasing this beast! We love it.

Here are the things that have me going a bit about it and am asking for some help.

First off, the wipers. When you push the wiper washer lever for the front window the rear washer goes and vice a versa...Just weird! I was wondering if there was a relay in backwards or something like that, but have not jumped into it since she has been at school all week and we only get weekends.

Secondly, the license plate light went out. Well, it was noticed by someone so we got a new led bulb. Pulled the old one, which was dark and toasted. Replaced it...and nothing! I was checking for a fuse and there are a million and a half fuses for everything EXCEPT that bulb!...lol.

Anyone know which fuse runs that bulb?

A bit of info too...It seems that all the spare fuses are gone. This tells me that this thing is chewing through fuses for some reason.

Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:35 AM

Welcome. Someone has switched the hoses coming out of the Fluid Tank. Switch them back. Easy fix. As far as the light, are all your other lights working properly? Check to see if you have 12 volts at the socket. Was the blown bulb LED? I would get an OEM 194 bulb and try it. That way if you have a short somewhere you haven't wasted too much money. Good Luck

Old 11-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Default wipers are all good.... light still jacked

Yeah...the tubes for the wiper were swapped. There is a very clearly way they should be. Black tube from tank goes to black elbow. Same with the gray tube and elbow. Some donkey put them on backwards!

Now with the license plate light...

It is connected to the RR tail light fuse. However, every time I try to test the volts through there the fuse blows. The old light was clearly burnt...all black and burnt looking. My girlfriend bought the LED replacement and it just doesn't work. So, I'm kinda scratching my head on this. Upon further investigation I found the harness looks like it's been altered. Looking at it from the rear, the two right wires appeared to be cut. It's the same looking on the opposite side. It has the tow bar on the back and the harnesses have GM labeling, so I suppose it was done at the dealer...but it's just all jacked looking!!!

Any thoughts?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MJAmos
Yeah...the tubes for the wiper were swapped. There is a very clearly way they should be. Black tube from tank goes to black elbow. Same with the gray tube and elbow. Some donkey put them on backwards!

Now with the license plate light...

It is connected to the RR tail light fuse. However, every time I try to test the volts through there the fuse blows. The old light was clearly burnt...all black and burnt looking. My girlfriend bought the LED replacement and it just doesn't work. So, I'm kinda scratching my head on this. Upon further investigation I found the harness looks like it's been altered. Looking at it from the rear, the two right wires appeared to be cut. It's the same looking on the opposite side. It has the tow bar on the back and the harnesses have GM labeling, so I suppose it was done at the dealer...but it's just all jacked looking!!!

Any thoughts?
Somebody added a trailer hitch ans did not know how to wire the trailer plug to the vehicle harness.

Does the rear bumper have a cut out around and above the hitch receiver, or is it all straight across. The factory hitch option has the cut out bumper, the non hitch options did not.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:44 PM

Yup...it's straight across with no cut out on the bumper. So I guess I need to look into how to re-wire the factory harness and correctly wire the plug? Any one have diagrams???

Thanks!