PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Where is the rear Wiper fluid pump?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Default Where is the rear Wiper fluid pump?

I took the rear swing door body panel off and it's not there. I traced the fluid line and it looks like the pump is in front next to the wipers where the other pump is. There is one fluid line that goes in under the wiper motor cover and one that goes back out and into the chasis toward the rear. The reason I'm asking is because it no longer works, and I know this is a common problem, but I don't have the time to take it in and get it fixed and I would bet it's just a wire that needs to be resoldered or crimped. The fuse and switch work fine so that leaves the motor. I was going to take the wiper cover off and trace it out but you have to take the wiper arms off and I couldn't figure out how to do that, although I didn't pull the arm up and look very hard.

Does anybody have any advice on this?

Old 05-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Default RE: Where is the rear Wiper fluid pump?

It should be easy to just run the rear pumpand find out where it is by listening for the motor sound. I can do this for you tonight when my wife comes home with our truck.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 AM

it runs off the front one.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 AM

look like it does have two

washer pump
$40.60
$0.00
$32.48

Windshield - Wiper and washer components - washer pump

washer pump
$40.60
$0.00
$32.48

Lift gate - Rear wiper components - washer pump

https://www.hummer-parts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 AM

Just looked under the hood. The pump for the front windshield is located on the front of the washer reservoir and the rear window pump is tucked under the back of the washer reservoir.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. If that pump only costs $32 bucks and it's out, I'd rather just buy one and do it myself rather then take it to the dealer. I'd literally have to take off work, drop the car off, get a loaner, and that would cost me way more money and gas then to buy a $32 pump. If it's not a wiring issue and the pump burned out, I may just not replace it. I really don't use it anyway, but it's nice to have everything working on your truck. It's definitely not worth taking to get fixed considering how far the dealers are.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Racerboy80

Just looked under the hood. The pump for the front windshield is located on the front of the washer reservoir and the rear window pump is tucked under the back of the washer reservoir.
Both pumps are on the washer container; however, the rear pump is on the front of the washer, and the front windshield washer pump is at the rear of the washer bottle.
If you remove the air cleaner assembly, you can remove the rear washer pump from the reservoir. There was an inventory upgrade for 06 models if you took it to the dealer prior to Dec. 31, 2006. I would just call the dealer and make an arrangement to have it replaced under warranty in about fifteen minutes (includes paperwork).

Old 05-31-2007, 11:18 AM

If I recall right there was some TSB about the rear pump and a bunch being bad or somthing

Old 05-31-2007, 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr_Pat

If I recall right there was some TSB about the rear pump and a bunch being bad or somthing
That was the inventory upgrade I mentioned. Reason it expired was GM figures that if your pump is still working after a certain time, it was not a defective pump, and normal warranty would cover any chance of it not working.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 PM

Sorry to change the subject..maybe I should of started another thread, everytime I use my back wiper and use fluid, it runs down the back of the hummer and on the bumper ( makes door and bumper blue from the fluid ) is that normal.

Quick Reply: Where is the rear Wiper fluid pump?