PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best MPG you can get in a Hummer H3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by BERULAKIDE
So the scan gauge doesn't tell you current mpg? Or does it? I assumed it did just like the ones from the factory do which I think they shoulda put in our rigs. About the 06 having better mileage on the sticker I don't know. I just bought mine a year and a half ago. But I have no doubt someone else here probably knows and will prob fill ya in. I love my 3 but shoulda bought from a dealer... private sale and got a good deal I think. But no warranty and have had to put a couple grand in it and gonna dump another 1500-2000 here in another week or so just in parts, good thing I am on here I guess so I can figure stuff out and turn my own wrenches, this site has saved me at least a couple grand in labor alone.
the scanGuage gives you mpg while you're driving. More than anything it keeps you conscious of how you're driving

Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 PM

OK thanks, I will probably add one after I get necessary stuff done first. Got radiator, exhaust manifold and shocks first then idler and tensioner, and maybe couple more things. Is there any benefit in magnaflow manifold versus walker, doorman, pacesetter or any other?

Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 PM

OK thanks, I will probably add one after I get necessary stuff done first. Got radiator, exhaust manifold and shocks first then idler and tensioner, and maybe couple more things. Is there any benefit in magnaflow manifold versus walker, doorman, pacesetter or any other?
Radiator, exhaust manifold, and pulleys need replaced? Start by taking care of that engine before you even consider anything else. Fuel economy & ride comfort/control, will NOT be anything to consider, if your engine fails!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM

I know I know!!! The pulley has been screaming change me for a couple months only when cold, and I cant figure out if it is the tensioner or idler so I am replacing both as well as the belt . The radiator has the infamous cracked tank so I may just get it repaired if I can, if not new it is. The exhaust manifold was ticking and I removed the heat sheild only to find a six inch crack, so I drilled a dozen small holes in and around it and extra strength jb welded it until I can replace it.
I am looking at getting 3 or 4 grand back income tax and am gonna fix it all at once. My 3 has 181000 km on it so it is due for some TLC. I have already done brakes and bearings and u joints and plugs and 2 windshields and tires and ball joints as well as fixing sunroof drains,filters twice. I have only had it a year and a half or so, but its my daily driver and wanna keep ahead of any problems so i can keep her as long as I can.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:06 PM

I know I know!!! The pulley has been screaming change me for a couple months only when cold, and I cant figure out if it is the tensioner or idler so I am replacing both as well as the belt . The radiator has the infamous cracked tank so I may just get it repaired if I can, if not new it is. The exhaust manifold was ticking and I removed the heat sheild only to find a six inch crack, so I drilled a dozen small holes in and around it and extra strength jb welded it until I can replace it.
I am looking at getting 3 or 4 grand back income tax and am gonna fix it all at once. My 3 has 181000 km on it so it is due for some TLC. I have already done brakes and bearings and u joints and plugs and 2 windshields and tires and ball joints as well as fixing sunroof drains,filters twice. I have only had it a year and a half or so, but its my daily driver and wanna keep ahead of any problems so i can keep her as long as I can.
That's a great plan! Take care of her mechanically, then add the "bells and whistles". GL

Old 02-13-2014, 06:33 PM

Yea, the plan is get everything in a couple weeks. I am really trying to get an idea if the magnaflow manifold is better choice than stock? Anyone else have one?

Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 PM

I get 15-15.3 mpg consistently from my 2007 H3. Mainly freeway at 75-80. Same mileage before and after my mods: air doc, filter, billy boat exhaust and pcm. It does sound much better and I actually feel like I have a lighter foot now, because it runs better and doesn't seem to lug at all like before the mods. But no observable change in mileage.

Last edited by kavik; 02-13-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Anyone try the chip they advertise here?? Just wondering....

Old 05-06-2015, 02:00 AM

My 2006 h3, the best mpg is 15 city and freeway, can your guys tell me how increase my h3 mpg? Thanks

Old 05-06-2015, 06:51 AM
rsc

Use "summer" gas, not the diluted stuff.
Take all the cool looking accessories like roof rack, big heavy bumpers, winch, fender flares and UCP off.
Remove all your trail spares and camping stuff from the rig.
Put some 255 or 265/75r16 HT tires on with the stock or other lightweight rims.
Get a full tune up and fluid change using synthetic oils.
Send your PCM off for programming.
Stay at 60 or less on the hwy and monitor your driving habits.

Quick Reply: What's the best MPG you can get in a Hummer H3?