PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

what is the difference between the regular h3 and the h3 with the offroad package?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Default what is the difference between the regular h3 and the h3 with the offroad package?

I am just curious what the difference was between the h3 with and without the offroad package was? My h3 doesnt have the offroad package but could I still do some rock crawling without the offroad package?

Old 03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Default RE: what is the difference between the regular h3 and the h3 with the offroad package?

With the offroad package you get usually larger tire/wheel package, and a locking rear differential.......and that's about it....

Yes you can still do rock crawling without the offroad package......a lot of folks here do

Others might chime in to..

Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Default RE: what is the difference between the regular h3 and the h3 with the offroad package?

Don't forget the low 4:1 gearing in the trasnfer case... but I'm sure you'll be fine without it unless you're trying some extreme lines

Old 03-30-2008, 05:56 PM

I beleive that you also get the full underbody protection also. Yes, you can still offroad without it. But if nothing else you are going to want to change out your tires. The wranglers aren't going to grip very well offroad.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:09 PM

is the full underbody protection just the addition of rocker panel protection?

Old 03-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

I have the Adneture Package and did not have UCP. I bought the diff., rear axle and driveline UCP from Boulder Accessories.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:15 PM

you don't the underbody protection with the offroad...they should throw it in though.....

Old 03-30-2008, 07:28 PM

I've done allot of offroading with my 3, I have a locker now but I still have not used it

Have a look at some of my vids, I have no locker in these videos, great tires tho!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s55v5J4SZp0#GU5U2spHI_4
http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...nt=redline.flv

Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like fun. I think I would be one of the younger people in that group of offroaders.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM

I have been wondering the same thing. I was thinking my H3 has the off road (adventure) package, but was not sure. I bought it used from a Chevrolet dealer who knew absolutely nothing about it other than how to turn it on. I asked them about the 4WD buttons and they told me to read the book on it because they did not know. Then when I took it to them for a simple oil change they told me that they can not even do simple maintenance on it that I would have to take it to a Hummer dealer. I am glad I dod though because I found from them that just about EVERYTHING is covered under warentee. Anyways, on my H3 I have the three 4WD buttons and then I have the rear lock button and the traction control button. There are I believe 33s on it, but it does not have the full underbody protection. I am thinking that since I have the rear locker I have the off road package.

Quick Reply: what is the difference between the regular h3 and the h3 with the offroad package?