PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anybody have a Bank of America checking account?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Default Anybody have a Bank of America checking account?

I was thinking about switching from Chase to BoA for that "Keep the Change" savings program they have, but I'm not sure how good their accounts are or how well their online bill payment feature is, since I use that to pay for everything.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Anybody have a Bank of America checking account?

Nope, sorry HG. No help here.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 AM

I do..the keep the change thing is not what you think

You don't get to keep the change...what it is is if you use your debit card for $75.80..it will take $76 out of your checking account and put $.20 into your savings. My wife was a Manager at Bank of America...it's decent but if you have a Northfork Bankaround you they are great...and they got bought out by Capital one so they are offering alot more than most banks right now.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:31 AM

I have BofA. If you want to verify my checking account # is 33449893. (yeah, right, though probably a bunch of 16 year old Russian hackers probably already know that).

I like the keep the change. Yeah, it's just a forced savings mechanism that moves your change from checking to savings with each debit card use but it's a neat tool. I've got basic checking with direct deposit so that's free but I chose to fully integrate Quicken into the BillPay so I pay $9.95/month for that. I prefer doing my bill pay from Outlook vs. the BofA site so I pay the extra fee.

I've been w/ BofA since '94 with no checking or savings account issues. BillPay has always come through as promised and in fact has been upgraded a bit over the years, improving on the service. For example, it's now easier (at least through the Quicken interface) to do regularly occurring payments. I probably use less than 12 traditional paper checks per year, doing everything through auto-debit or with BillPay.

Now, their credit cards - I have issues with those. Even though I have been current for a long, long time and have a good credit rating they decided to raise the interest rate to something like 28%. Might as well go to a Cash Advance place as they at least say thank you after they abuse you like that.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

When you open one HG, post your account numbers so we can make sure you are getting the best deal. [sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

I know how the program works and know it's not free money, but they do match the first $250 and then after that 5% a year. It's a tiny way to save a bit of money by just using your debit card every day.

Thanks for the feedback!

Impy: I don't have a Norfolk bank, but I have BoA. I'm kinda sick of Chase. They screw you every which way and three times already they have changed my auto bill pay send dates with no notifications. One time they wiped them all out, my saved payee addresses, etc, and never could explain why.

The other day they changed my send dates 2 times and then by the end of the day they were back to normal. I'm getting sick of seeing my account all silly-like.

It sounds good though so I may try it out.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:31 AM

You guys should all switch to TD BankNorth/Commerce Bank. And just start saving money and investing it by yourself. Doesn't that forced savings make it a pain in the butt to balance your checkbook and savings register. How many times are you going to write in every penny that gets transferred over.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

I do everything with Chase. The reason I like them is because their online system does it all for you, and formats it like a checkbook. There is no need to keep another copy of it. I have been staying with them ONLY for convenience purposes. Now I'm not so sure.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:23 PM

Yeah, Uhm, Maybe....Why don't you e-mail me your ACCOUNT Info and I'll see if they're similar!![8D]

Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

It's the same number as theluggage combination in Spaceballs

Quick Reply: Anybody have a Bank of America checking account?