Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

I started to notice the same thing on my 2007 a few day's ago3000miles on vehicle. Today a guy at work that alsohas a 2007 H3 asked me if I have noticedthe same thing he just started to feel his yesterday6100 miles.
SteveO

Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM

wow, very interesting. i didnt think there would be this many w/ the same problem. im just glad people are reading about this...and that i'm not alone . not sure how much water this explanation holds, but the service guy at sewell told me that warmer weather seems to be a factor...something aboutthe metal heating up and expanding, hence why its getting worse.doesn't make sense to me, but i just crunch numbers for a living. also, he said there wouldn't be a recall as its not a safety issue, but that there would most likely be a TSB (if there's not already)...which, of course, is good news for anyone that has this problem later on.

so far, no issues w/ the new-old shaft (?) please keep me posted on when you guys get your redesigns.

good luck!

Lil D

ps - sorry i'm "..." crazy...ha!

Old 06-15-2007, 04:15 PM

I think it would be interesting if people would post their build dates when they are having problems.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: zx1100

I have an '07 purchased in February and it just started making the noise I guess I should wait to call the dealer and make an appointment until the new redesigned part is available.

Thanks for all the info on here because as soon as I started to feel the rattle throught he gas pedal I knew what it was. I noticed it getting worse the more I drive so hope that new part is available real soon.
I think I will wait and do the same.............let's keep everyone posted when they hear anything on this concern.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Since this seems to be a growing concern...I'll pin it to the top for awhile..Hope the resolve is soon and final.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:33 AM

Dennis could it be possible that something is just loose underneath? I am worried about this issue since my old Ford had a similar problem and the dealership could never fix it. We had the bushings replaced/tie rod end/and some other thingamajob but we continued to have issues. We ended up trading it in on the H3 (much better veh)... thanks

Jenn

Old 06-16-2007, 01:46 PM

Hi Jen...I'm assuming you are experiencing the same rattle feeling in the gas pedal and brake pedal too?

If you got it..I'm sure the dealer will find it and fix it..thank goodness this is not a FORD

Old 06-16-2007, 09:23 PM

LOL You'll get an Amen on that one... We were more than happy to say Good 'riddance to Ford..
They wouldn't even discuss trade-in on a new purchase... I definitely got the better end of the deal with the H3 I love it. I'll do as everyone suggested and call Sewell first thing Monday to get appointment for when the new part comes in. Drove it today and didn't hear/feel a thing, very weird.. little gremlins at work it seems...

Old 06-17-2007, 03:31 AM

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

LOL You'll get an Amen on that one... We were more than happy to say Good 'riddance to Ford..
They wouldn't even discuss trade-in on a new purchase... I definitely got the better end of the deal with the H3 I love it. I'll do as everyone suggested and call Sewell first thing Monday to get appointment for when the new part comes in. Drove it today and didn't hear/feel a thing, very weird.. little gremlins at work it seems...

Old 06-17-2007, 08:50 PM

Just an observation, I was reading the manual and there was a segmentin the off roading section and some notes about the vehicle when taking out of 4 wheel drive lock. It stated that there may be a need after taking out of high or low 4 wheel lock that there may be a timeit does not fully engage back to high lock.Then I thought of the problem we are all having with the click and pulsing of the gas and pedal / brake. It stated that to get it back engaged,you may have to drive in reverse forso many yards to reset the high lock. I did this yesterday and went fora 30 mile or so ride in the 90 degree or so outside and did not notice the problem. I will continue to monitor this and keep informed, maybe I was just lucky today or this had something to do with the problem.
SteveO

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?