Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Default RE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

that sounds very similiar to my situation.its under warranty, so might as well have them look at it.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Wow, this was the thread I needed! I had this problem on day one with the vehicle but, as said above, it's been intermittent. Now I know what to tell the dealer to get this addressed.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:53 AM

Just wanted to post an update. I dropped my 3 off this morning to get the intermediate steering shaft replaced.The service guy told me they just got an email from GM stating that the shafts are still in redesign and are on back order. However, they had ordered one for me last week (dunno if I'm getting a crappy one or what). I should have it back by the EOD, so I'll let yall know if it corrected the problem.

Anyways, it sounds to me like GM is expecting this problem to become more frequent. So, keep your ears and feet peeled

Lil D

Old 06-13-2007, 11:23 AM

This is all the H3-07 models only or 07 H3x only?

Old 06-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Dunno. I asked the dealer if this should be expected from all 07s as my parents bought one about a month after me. He said it just depends on when the vehicle was made. I'm assuming he means there were certain batches that got this particular part. Not sure if it varies b/w models. I have an 07 adventure, and a buddy of mine has the same problem with his 07 luxury (made around the same time). Can't tell you about the Xs. Please keep in mind, he never specifically said this was a major problem. He just said it was an escalating problem. I just wanted to share the fact that they're getting communications from HQ about it.

On a side note, the loaner they gave me has the updated armrests. I have to admit, I like them...a lot!

Old 06-13-2007, 04:04 PM

I have the same issue ( i started athread about it the other day). I guess I'll wait to see if you guys get rid of the problem with the solution you've been given before I take mine in. Mine is 2007 with 1500 miles on it.
Please keep us informed.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Ok, just got off the phone with the dealer and got more info. Apparently, GM is working on a redesign of the intermediate steering shaft as we speak.Its supposed to be available within the next few weeks. He said that about15-20% of the 07 H3s are having this problem, for what reason he did not specify. The new one they just finished putting on my 3 is basically a newer verison of my old part [&:] as they obviouslydon't haveany redesigns yet. He said there's a chance this one might have the same problems, but that there's achanceI won't have any problems with it. Of course, he qualified his statement by saying that if it does mess up again, then to bring it back and they'll replace it(again) w/ theredesign.

I definately don't feel any better about this...kinda feel like I went to the Dr. and heard I could live anywhere b/w 6 mths to 60 yrs, but at least they're honest...Guess I'll wait 4 weeks, then go get my redesign. Hope this helps!

Lil D

Old 06-13-2007, 07:42 PM

I've got the '07 H3 and had been hearing/feeling the popping noise in the gas/brake pedals. It's gotten a little more frequent this past week. Calling Sewell tomorrow to set up time to drop it off. Thanks for posting on this much easier to tell them what's going on with it now.

[sm=tongue.gif]

Old 06-13-2007, 10:47 PM

absolutely! glad i could help call the problem out. although, i was given the solution by a fellow member just an fyi about sewell, they told me they wont have the redesigned shaft for about 3 or 4 weeks. i would try to schedule something nowaround their expected delivery date. let me know when you get the new shaft as i plan on taking mine back regardless. also, make sure you tell them to align it once replaced. mine's off now b/c of it. i asked if that was something to worry about, they told me no...they lied

Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM

I have an '07 purchased in February and it just started making the noise I guess I should wait to call the dealer and make an appointment until the new redesigned part is available.

Thanks for all the info on here because as soon as I started to feel the rattle throught he gas pedal I knew what it was. I noticed it getting worse the more I drive so hope that new part is available real soon.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?