PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission reverse problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by RickStang
Incase your illiterate to simple english. Ill repeat my last post.
Pan drop at 104k. Flush at 130k. That includes a reverse flush on the cooler. Dex 6 is the only fluid for GM that covers dex 2 and up trannys.
No need to be a smart *** Hummerz
First off, my transmission shifts perfect into every gear!

Am I illiterate? Not at all, and after I read through your post including: "check ball", "vacuum leak", and "cutoff wheel", I figured you have no clue wtf you are doing.

I advised you to flush the transmission with DEX VI first (if that didn't correct the problem, there is a cheap and easy part replacement), and you stated that the transmission was flushed, however you did NOT state what trans fluid was used?
Do you know for sure that DEX VI was installed in your trans?
Do you know how an automatic transmission operates?
Do you know what could cause an automatic transmission shifting issue?

I know!

Old 04-19-2014, 04:30 AM

Hummerz, you sound like a childish kid who gets told NO when he looks for the cookie jar

I had a VERY specific question. A question that you chose to answer, yet you have absolutely no positive replies or anything productive to say about my question.
If you want a background about me, I worked as an automotive machinist before I chose to do what I'm doing now.
And for you to say "i read through your post and saw the words cut off wheel and check ball and you don't know wtf your talking about," don't make me laugh. Ive rebuilt many 4t65 in the past years, it uses a reverse abuse valve CHECK BALL in order to supply quick hydraulic pressure to the clutch.

And yes Mr. Hummerz, i know exactly what fluid was used because I'n the tech that worked on my own car. Don't know how many times you need to be told it, dex 6 was used alright.

And the ONLY way to see if the dirty pcv hose is properly connected is to snip away the intake manifold cover, so spare your smart *** comments, and do not try to school me about a vehicle that you have proven you don't know much about

Last edited by RickStang; 04-19-2014 at 04:35 AM.