Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Transmission Cooling Lines Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Default Transmission Cooling Lines Help!!!!!

All, while replacing the radiator in my '07 H3, I broke off the transmission cooler line where it attaches to the radiator...right where the flared end enters the radiator. Is there any way to fix this without replacing the whole line? The line goes all the way back to the top of the trans and it looks impossible to reach. Is there a way of splicing into the rubber hose near where the line attaches to the radiator? How could I connect the splice to the radiator since the fitting on the radiator takes a flared end? Please help! Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Transmission Cooling Lines Help!!!!!-img_7597.jpg  
Old 04-06-2015, 06:39 PM

Those lines look pretty corroded. you may need to replace the complete line. I would think any tranny shop can handle it.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:53 AM

I agree with whylee, those lines are very rotted and should be replaced. If your looking for something to get you by, you can run an aftermarket cooler and cut the lines further back(right behind the rubber lines).

Old 04-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Cool

I agree, replace them before they leave you stranded somewhere.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Since yours are down right ugly, and a brand new ACDelco line, depending upon which one you broke, is either $18 for #1 or $18 for #5, if I were you, I would replace both.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:26 PM
Default Hummer H3 Alpha

I know this is a thread from 2015, but it has some pics I need to use. Which of the lines on the transmission is connected to the transmission fluid pump? Does the pump push or suck?

Does the transmission pump fluid to the cooler or does it suck fluid like an engine's coolant pump? I have an aftermarket transmission cooler which is currently mounted vertically (both in and out lines are on the same elevation), but I may need to mount it horizontally (one line on top and the other line on the bottom).

If the transmission pump sucks, which of the two connections on the transmission is the suction line? If the transmission is a sucker, then I will need to connect the transmission's suction line to the bottom cooler fitting. Not sure which way to connect the lines if the transmission pump is a pusher.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Coolvibes
I know this is a thread from 2015, but it has some pics I need to use. Which of the lines on the transmission is connected to the transmission fluid pump? Does the pump push or suck?

Does the transmission pump fluid to the cooler or does it suck fluid like an engine's coolant pump? I have an aftermarket transmission cooler which is currently mounted vertically (both in and out lines are on the same elevation), but I may need to mount it horizontally (one line on top and the other line on the bottom).

If the transmission pump sucks, which of the two connections on the transmission is the suction line? If the transmission is a sucker, then I will need to connect the transmission's suction line to the bottom cooler fitting. Not sure which way to connect the lines if the transmission pump is a pusher.
Another necroposter. Why not start a new thread? Btw, transmission pumps don't suck!

Old 07-15-2020, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Coolvibes
Dug up OLD as dirt Thread for pics that have nothing to do with your question?????

Try a search for your inquiry. You are asking what is the trans line flow direction, google it and you get........... Transmission Cooler Lines Flow Direction