PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Default Need some tire suggestions

okay, so ive just turned 16 and my parents gave me our h3, (they bought an h3t) and me being 16 and naive, i want a nice set of massive mud tires, ive seen some tires before that even had lugs that stuck outwards a bit, anyway they were insane looking.

no i dont necessarily need them but i live in a pretty small town with no roads leading out so, so i never drive more than 30-50kms a day, so wearing/usage doesnt matter.

so any suggestions would be great, pictures also.
and ps i plan on keeping the stock rims

Old 10-19-2009, 08:44 AM

That's a pretty cool first car! Really, I think you should probably stick with a good AT tire to start with. I'm not at all meaning this to be insulting, but being only 16, you don't have a lot of driving experience yet. Oversizing or putting on MT's with no siping is going to degrade the handling of your truck in certain conditions. Get some miles under your belt on a good, safer AT and then get yourself a nice set of MT's in the future. If you really want to get into wheeling off public roads, you could always get a second set of rims with some dedicated offroad tires only.

Have fun with the truck!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM

true enough, i found the tires id been looking for, interco thornbird tsl, nasty lookin but ALL bad reviews.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM

If you are looking for something that's a little more agressive than an AT but not quite a true MT, you might consider the Mastercraft Courser CT. I have those on my Silverado and they are an awesome tire that handles well in both dry and wet conditions but will still fling some mud. Can't speak for snow and ice as I have a set of Blizzaks for the winter.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Default tires for your H3

Hello! Congrats on your first vehicle! Mine was a 1985 mazda 626lx.. lol. So consider yourself lucky! Anyway, here are my thoughts... As previously stated above you may want to just get a nice set of AT tires to start with. This certainly doesn't mean that you can't set yourself up with a secondary set of mudders etc to mess around with. If you get some steel wheels and knobby tires you can literally have a second set sitting in your garage for weekend outings etc. In 30 minutes you can jack your truck up, bolt off your ats, and tehn bolt on your mudders. Then at the end of your weekend outing you can swap back your at set. Just a thought.. This way you can have the best of both worlds. Try looking in your local craigslist for some used mudders. All of this may cost you a few hundred bucks but I think it might fullfil your desire to use your rig as an every day driver as well as toy! Let us know how it goes!

CB

Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 AM

I have a set of 33x12.50R18 Toyo MTs on my H3. I still have a nice ride and no excessive road noise. Handling is not impacted much at all. As a matter of fact, this is a very neglible difference.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 AM

Intero's all wear horribly on pavement. My next set will be Goodyear wrangler Mtr's.