PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ticking Noise Could Be Collapsed Lifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Default Ticking Noise Could Be Collapsed Lifter

Wanted to post this TSB on here for any won that might be dealing with a ticking issue that the dealer can't find the problem. I am going through this now myself. One dealer didn't know what it was and the second figured it out when they could finally hear the noise for themselves. Any ways if you have this problem get it checked out before it gets worse! Link is below hummer isn't on the rebut they GM/Chevy models that are powered by the 5.7.

Ticking GM V8 lifters and DTC - Automotive Service Professional

Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Thought I should post a reply before you send people off on a wild goose chase.

I realize you are attempting to be helpful, and you recognize that the H3 is not on the list as you say, but I wonder if you understand why?

The H3 Alpha is a 5.3L LH8, has no AFM lifters, and is not the same animal. Like saying apples are crisp, try this orange?

So, your info is not applicable to anyone with an H3 Alpha. That is not to say it is impossible to have a bad lifter, but it would be a different lifter that went bad for different reasons.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:54 AM

Doc, thanks for the clarification. You are right I am trying to be helpful. I have been on a goose chase with the ticking noise for over a year. I have read several post on this site that sounds like similar issues but deals never found a problem. Just wanted to post what they found wrong with my alpha. Sorry for the incorrect info...