Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Is there any chips for 06 h3

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Throttle body spacers are complete garbage and do NOTHING, except drain your wallet. They can be effectively used as a paper weight.

Yes, but do not get me going on "cold air" as it is a misnomer of many sorts and ridiculously so for certain brands of OPEN intakes... nothin but a "warm air intake" if you get my drift .....

Anyways, I have one of our Air Doc Intakes in front of my PP TB from Super Modulation.

The full package.... AFE Pro Dry S filter with Air Doc Intake, PP TB, PCMofNC Efan Conversion and PCM Tune, with MagnaFlow Cat back.
Sorry last question does the air doc attach directly to the afe filter and do I use the stock air box or how does it lay

Old 06-19-2015, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

The Air Doc Intake retains the factory air filter box, so you use any filter that is a direct replacement for the factory air filter. It is a "Closed" system.

That cone filter on the end of a pipe behind the radiator in the corner set up is an "open" system that is self defeating... it can potentially move more air, but warmer heated air, thus offsetting it's own potential gain.

With your 2006, the Air Doc has a larger more efficient inlet snorkel for the Air Filter Box from the inner fender that replaces the stock small diameter air box snorkel.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The Air Doc Intake retains the factory air filter box, so you use any filter that is a direct replacement for the factory air filter. It is a "Closed" system.

That cone filter on the end of a pipe behind the radiator in the corner set up is an "open" system that is self defeating... it can potentially move more air, but warmer heated air, thus offsetting it's own potential gain.

With your 2006, the Air Doc has a larger more efficient inlet snorkel for the Air Filter Box from the inner fender that replaces the stock small diameter air box snorkel.
I got the air doc the PP TB from that guy you referred the afe air filter and the pcm tune. Can I put everything on at once? The TB guy said let it idle for 10 minutes before driving will that effect the tune if I do it all at once or how should I do it

Old 07-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

If I were you, I would install the PCM first, make sure it is all set with no other issue. I am not suggesting you drive it around for a week, just make sure that your truck starts and idles correctly. Then install the TB and Air Doc when you have the OEM intake off. Follow the instructions regarding the TB.... it does not care if an intake is in front of it while the PCM adjusts/calibrates to the TB Throttle Position Sensor for idle. You should also note that for the first several weeks when you first start the truck, wait 10-20 seconds for it to idle before placing it in gear. As the PCM learns the package, that will fade away.

Then drive and enjoy.