Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Is there any chips for 06 h3

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Default Is there any chips for 06 h3

I just bought a 2006 h3 and I have been looking for a fuel economy chip and can't find any or they are for 08 and newer. Any ideas

Old 06-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Chips are for kids.... or chumps.

Those ebay chips, do nothing.

Search PCM tune, that will improve economy and performance, and you can select certain variable to have it tuned for your intended purposes. What you need is a full package, like intake, PCM tune, PP TB, CAT Back exhaust.

These folks have tuned 100s of H3s and Ts for members here and from other forums. PCM Tuning, GM Performance

Old 06-15-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Chips are for kids.... or chumps.

Those ebay chips, do nothing.

Search PCM tune, that will improve economy and performance, and you can select certain variable to have it tuned for your intended purposes. What you need is a full package, like intake, PCM tune, PP TB, CAT Back exhaust.

These folks have tuned 100s of H3s and Ts for members here and from other forums. PCM Tuning, GM Performance
Not trying to sound stupid here but what does the PP stand for I'm assuming the TB is throttle body

Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thorg113
Not trying to sound stupid here but what does the PP stand for I'm assuming the TB is throttle body
Port and Polished. There is a ridge in front of the throttle plate that is largely removed and blended to the plate opening, then everything gets polished super smooth.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:46 PM

Don't go with chips. Not worth it for this type of vehicle

Old 06-19-2015, 06:14 AM

Port and Polished. There is a ridge in front of the throttle plate that is largely removed and blended to the plate opening, then everything gets polished super smooth.
Where do I get the PP TB I can't seem to find any

Old 06-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Where do I get the PP TB I can't seem to find any
There are about a dozen places that I know of online that offer port polish TB service for GM trucks..... I myself, purchased a PP TB from James at Supermodulation. Does good work, trustworthy fellow. I have never heard a bad thing about him, so I send my performance minded customers his way, and some have come my direction from him.

He does not have a web site per se, but does have an online presence via....... Supermodulation Ported Throttle Body Exchange Service. - NECTRUCKS

He also has an ebay store where you can buy what you want, work a core exchange, etc... http://stores.ebay.com/SuperModulation-Auctions

Old 06-19-2015, 11:42 AM

There are about a dozen places that I know of online that offer port polish TB service for GM trucks..... I myself, purchased a PP TB from James at Supermodulation. Does good work, trustworthy fellow. I have never heard a bad thing about him, so I send my performance minded customers his way, and some have come my direction from him.

He does not have a web site per se, but does have an online presence via....... Supermodulation Ported Throttle Body Exchange Service. - NECTRUCKS

He also has an ebay store where you can buy what you want, work a core exchange, etc... http://stores.ebay.com/SuperModulation-Auctions
Thanks a lot. Would you still put cold air on and a throttle body spacer with the PP

Old 06-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks a lot. Would you still put cold air on and a throttle body spacer with the PP
Throttle body spacers are complete garbage and do NOTHING, except drain your wallet. They can be effectively used as a paper weight.

Yes, but do not get me going on "cold air" as it is a misnomer of many sorts and ridiculously so for certain brands of OPEN intakes... nothin but a "warm air intake" if you get my drift .....

Anyways, I have one of our Air Doc Intakes in front of my PP TB from Super Modulation.

The full package.... AFE Pro Dry S filter with Air Doc Intake, PP TB, PCMofNC Efan Conversion and PCM Tune, with MagnaFlow Cat back.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Doc Olds;327454]Throttle body spacers are complete garbage and do NOTHING, except drain your wallet. They can be effectively used as a paper weight.

Yes, but do not get me going on "cold air" as it is a misnomer of many sorts and ridiculously so for certain brands of OPEN intakes... nothin but a "warm air intake" if you get my drift .....

Anyways, I have one of our Air Doc Intakes in front of my PP TB from Super Modulation.

The full package.... AFE Pro Dry S filter with Air Doc Intake, PP TB, PCMofNC Efan Conversion and PCM sorry last question the air doc intake connects directly to the afe filter do I use the stock box or how does it lay under the hood

Quick Reply: Is there any chips for 06 h3