PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound System in H3

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 03:04 AM
Default Sound System in H3

1) I would like to know is some 1 know anything about sound system in here. And if you do, in the Hummer H3, in the rear door (Passenger seat) the cover that hold al the cables, Which are the cables from the speaker? What color?. Because I'm trying to install my Subwoofer system in the trunk but I need to be sure which are the cables that come from the speaker. So far I count 10 cables. If some 1 know anything about, please let me know. I really appreciate your help.

2) Now about the Stock Radio, does it comes with any "Aux" port in the rear. Because I would like to add an iPod system on it. I dont want the tranmiter anymore. It sucks..... Thanks guys, for your help !

Old 01-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Default RE: Sound System in H3

Which system?? They offer a single cd system and a single mp3 disc system that uses one speaker setup... There is also the 6 disc changer system that uses the "Monsoon" 7 speaker setup...

Old 01-25-2006, 01:27 AM

Mine is the cheapest one, I guess. It doesnt come with mp3 neither the CD changer. I just wanted to install my Amp, but I need to know which are the cable's colors from the speakers located in the doors.If you could help me out thatll be perfect. Thanks a lot Rayvyn.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:06 PM

I have inquired at the dealer, my stock cd / xm / radio does not have an aux input. THey put me on a "list" to be notified when one is available. I too want to be able to plug in my IPOD, dealer says nothing is out there yet. UGGGH. (I have a FM transmitter, but the sound quality is just not the same.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:19 AM

I found this:

http://ipodcarparts.com/images/PA11G...bf02cc4bdd9ce0

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxgm.html

And some other links in the same web-side...I Hope you the best and If you get it installed with those harness please let me know and post it here. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:38 AM

Go to Pacific Accessory Corporation there you will find the best on the market ipod adapters as well as amplifier harness to plug inline with the radio, dont start snipping wires, spend $40 for the harness, even provides you with a remote turn on lead for the amp,

Old 05-19-2006, 05:20 AM

Thanks but I tried PAC already, exactly the item that they offer for my car, and it didnt work...!!! It was perfectly installed, It charged my Ipod but didnt read the Ipod or we just couldt get the right button on the radio to switch from FM, CD or whatever to the Ipod. (We try all the buttonsl)

And for those that have the same problem as me, the Basic CD Player only factory radio for the 2006 Hummer H3 does NOT come with AUX output built in. I still cant find the right harness to create a AUX Output for the Ipod Input converter...!!! It seems that this company: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundauxgm.html came out with the right harness by only using the BAND Button on your factory radio, even tho you dont have to have a CD Changer or XM compatible factory radio. (NOTE: This is only for those who want to keep the factory radio and add an Ipod to it).