Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Shadow Green Metallic H3 Build Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 01:11 PM

NICE looking, clean truck with all the right stuff!!

Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM

It nice to see someone give new life to a neglected rig.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:43 PM
Default more progress

I dont even know where to begin. It seems as if this truck is fighting me the whole way.

Replaced the MAF, Plugs, Wires, Air Filter, Bushings, and finally we start some fun stuff.

Originally I had planned on keeping the monsoon amp and repowering aftermarket speakers and a rockford sub. Well that sounds like ****, so thats out the window.

Replaced the head unit with a double din android unit (spotify & waze) and now installing Rockford Component 1675 2 ways and tweeters in the front doors and a pillars... rockford 1675S 3 ways in the back doors. Replacing the sub with a kicker compx 300w RMS shallow 8" woofer. Polyfill the stock box.

Powering the amps with the micro 600.4 and 600.1... dual 4ga wiring kit.

Installed a backup camera. Ran the GPS antenna to the front of dash... ran the microphone to the factory onstar microphone location in the headliner.

This weekend I was busy in my garage. Did the following modifications:

Pulled front clip off to replaced head lights and fog lights. Clear side markers and clear turn signals with switchbacks. HID headlights HID fog lights.

Painted front lower bumper, rear bumper, and ground effects gloss black. hate the stupid textured silver.

Plasidipped the grille chrome... then ordered factory match Shadow Green (boy is this an impossible color to find) and painted and cleared over the plastidip. came out pretty spectacular.

Bought a new hood grille.... also painted gloss black.

Replaced the heater a/c controls, radio bezel, 4x4 switches and drivers window switch with units that actually light up at night. Have to tackle the remote start and finish out the audio install.

Stay tuned, I have quite an awesome surprise for this week.

I dont even know where to begin. It seems as if this truck is fighting me the whole way.

Replaced the MAF, Plugs, Wires, Air Filter, Bushings, and finally we start some fun stuff.

Originally I had planned on keeping the monsoon amp and repowering aftermarket speakers and a rockford sub. Well that sounds like ****, so thats out the window.

Replaced the head unit with a double din android unit (spotify & waze) and now installing Rockford Component 1675 2 ways and tweeters in the front doors and a pillars... rockford 1675S 3 ways in the back doors. Replacing the sub with a kicker compx 300w RMS shallow 8" woofer. Polyfill the stock box.

Powering the amps with the micro 600.4 and 600.1... dual 4ga wiring kit.

Installed a backup camera. Ran the GPS antenna to the front of dash... ran the microphone to the factory onstar microphone location in the headliner.

This weekend I was busy in my garage. Did the following modifications:

Pulled front clip off to replaced head lights and fog lights. Clear side markers and clear turn signals with switchbacks. HID headlights HID fog lights.

Painted front lower bumper, rear bumper, and ground effects gloss black. hate the stupid textured silver.

Plasidipped the grille chrome... then ordered factory match Shadow Green (boy is this an impossible color to find) and painted and cleared over the plastidip. came out pretty spectacular.

Bought a new hood grille.... also painted gloss black.

Replaced the heater a/c controls, radio bezel, 4x4 switches and drivers window switch with units that actually light up at night. Have to tackle the remote start and finish out the audio install.

Stay tuned, I have quite an awesome surprise for this week.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:45 PM

[/URL]

[URL=http://s782.photobucket.com/user/g1323/media/h3/progress/20170114_151959.jpg.html]

Old 01-15-2017, 08:46 PM

[/URL]

Old 01-16-2017, 11:11 AM

I know with the torsion keys and the 2" rear lift gave a nice lift, but how much did you gain when you changed out the shock's?
Thats the next step on mine.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:27 AM

shocks give no lift.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:36 PM

More updates -

Somehow forgot the only lights that needed to be replaced - the fog lights. Those will be here tomorrow.

Replacing headlights, clear corners, clear turn signals, fog lights, etc. Switchback LED for turn signals, LED head lights and fog lights. LED side markers.

Changed out Radio faceplate with one that diddnt have a scuff... 4x4 switch that had LEDs, Heater a/c controls that all lit properly, drivers master switch that lights up and functions properly.

Got dual 4ga amp wiring kit for 2 amps - Rockford Punch 300w RMSx1 @ 1 Ohm and 300w RMS4x @ 4 ohm for front components and rear 3 ways. Remote bass boost control.

Swapped out sub for a kicker compx 8" shallow mount @ 300w RMS in factory box.

Wipe new all the plastic trim.

And... the wheels. brand new 20x8.5" Black & Machined Rockstar Wheels and BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 35x12.5x20 tires.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:37 PM

Old 01-20-2017, 10:09 AM

Front end back together, new headlights, new clear turn signals, new clear side markers, new fogs.

LED headlights, LED fog lights. LED switchback turn signals, LED side markers. This might be the brightest light setup ive ever had.

Painted grille, new painted hood grille.

imgur

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shadow Green Metallic H3 Build Thread