PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

service tpm ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Default RE: service tpm ?

I called the dealer today and they told me to bring it in so I made the appt. I didn't drive it after I reset the sensors, but I drove it today after I set the appt and the light came off after driving about 5 miles or so and it hasn't turned back on since.[sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 12-22-2006, 12:21 AM

Ain't that the chits??...never fails..take it to them anyway, have it checked out..

But my guess is you still don't have enough air in one of them and as you drive it it heats up and builds a little pressure to satisfy the sensor..That's why it's important that all 5 tires remain inflated to the exact same pressure...Something above 36psi at least...to 40PSI..but make sure they're ALL equal.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:37 AM

go figure, you have your sensors in, recalibrated the system to the new positions and your still getting error messages. On the other hand I don't even have the sensors installed and have never gotten a message Wow..GM has a great system here

Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 AM

yeah i'm still bringing it in to have them look at it, the tires are according to the sticker on the door, 35PSI and the spare at 50PSI my dad also said the same thing about the temp but it was at 45-50 degrees all day today so I don't know if it could be the temp.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:31 AM

are you clearing the message when it comes up? Just a thought, if you don't clear the message maybe it will just keep coming back...I dunno, just guessing at this point. If it comes back before you get it to the dealer try to clear it (push in on the trip odometer button thingy). Then see if it comes back.

If not, Hope the dealer finds something!! Keep us posted!

Old 12-22-2006, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: JDEORTA

yeah i'm still bringing it in to have them look at it, the tires are according to the sticker on the door, 35PSI and the spare at 50PSI my dad also said the same thing about the temp but it was at 45-50 degrees all day today so I don't know if it could be the temp.
AAHA..That's it, your spare is whats throwing it off..Make it the same pressure as the four on the ground...seriously, the TPM monitors ALL 5 tires..And they all have to be equal...

Old 12-22-2006, 05:45 PM

TheTPM system can only learn 4 sensors according the service manual so if you installed the spare you would need to relearn the sensors again. There is a procedure in the owners manual on how to do it. I have my tires at 35 psi and my spare at 50 psilikre the door sticker and no problems. Steve

Old 12-22-2006, 08:45 PM

I have been driving it all day today and the light has not came back on, I didn't clear it, it just stopped turning on. On wednesday when I take it to the dealer I will post what they tell me.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:19 PM

wait mine says low tire pressure it doesnt say service tpm when the tire pressure is low

also i rotated my tires and that didnt happen,

Old 11-13-2007, 08:02 AM

I just got the TPM alert after putting the spare on... lost a tire with less than 20k miles on it...ran over a screw that put a hole too close to the side wall to be repaired... SCREWED!

Anyway, I am not a Bridgestone fan... I want to eventually swap them out for the Michelin version, same size etc.. starting with my now flat unusable spare. Any thoughts on what this will do to the TPM? Will the TPM work with a different brand of tire? Thanks.

Quick Reply: service tpm ?