Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

service 4wd

Old 10-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Default service 4wd

inside the lcd cluster reads service 4wd.. my H3 only has 515 miles on her .... so i took it to the dealer and they said ..... that the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM)
went out they have one on order but it might take 2 weeks to get in.. so they said to come get it and drive it cause it will not hurt anything and they will call me when it gets in...

just incase anyone else has this problem

Old 08-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Default RE: service 4wd

ORIGINAL: gr8hntr

inside the lcd cluster reads service 4wd.. my H3 only has 515 miles on her .... so i took it to the dealer and they said ..... that the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM

just incase anyone else has this problem
my 06 H2 has had a chronic issue with the "service 4wd" light coming on and they keep saying don't worry about it. with this info i will have a better response for these idiots.

thanks for the post though. it would be nice to get some follow up on this topic if anyone has some.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Question Same Problem

I have a 06 H3 that the serv.4wd on the instrument cluster has benn on since day 1. I brought it back and they said they repaired it. well needless to say it went back on,so I brought it back again. This time when I picked it up they told me there was a glitch in the computer software and they had no fix for it but it would be ok and if they got a fix for it I would be notified. Sounds like BS to me so now after having it for almost 4 yrs and my warranty is almost up and I want it FIXED!!!. Anyone else have this problem or heard of such a thing?

TIA
Dan

Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Default Another "Serv 4WD" problem

Well now it's my turn. The message came on last Saturday, just as I l left the pavement for a snow run. From what I've been able to learn, it's related to the 4wd control unit, or a sensor. Someone suggested that GM Bulletin PIP3701A has something to do with this, but I can't determine what it says. Another person replaced a worn wire to the rear e-locker that fixed the problem. I'm going to roll underneath and excercise the connectors, etc. and see what happens. Then if necessary, I'm going to make an appointment with the dealership. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Talking Serv 4WD error fixed

Well that wasn't too bad ...

I rolled under the truck and exercised the connectors, checked the wiring, etc, and confirmed that the xfer case was shifting. Then I started reading all of the posts (again) on all of the forums that I could find, hoping so see another clue. It turns out that the 4Hi (unlock) button was slightly depressed. I popped it out and was able to shift normally, however I was able to reproduce the problem (too easily) and will need to keep an eye on the buttons from now on. Is there a fix for the sticky button problem?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 AM

Its funny that everyone has the same kind of issues like this. My truck has never really acted up but I took it in to the dealer for a courtesy wash (plus I know half of the staff so I always go there for hookups) I was hanging out in the back chatting with the porters while they were washing my h3 and I overheard one of em saying, hey these wheels are kinda grimy make sure you use that cleaner on them. They sprayed my wheels down with a cleaner, first time Ive ever had this done, and when I was driving home my SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM and SVC 4WD light came on. I thought maybe they sprayed a sensor or something. I let the truck sit in my driveway all day and when I drove it later it was fine. The next day I hopped in and drove it down the street and again SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM...then it went away again....

Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 PM

I have had my H3 for about a month now and everytime I take it to the car wash and spray underneath the truck or drive through a lot of slush or medium puddles my service Traction contol and ABS failed lights come on. I brought it to the dealer but the lights turned off on my way there. They tried to read the codes but nothing was stored. So they told me to come back next time they are on. I almost want to drive there and ask to use their hose and trip the lights/sensors myself. Mine were on a few days ago when we got 4" of snow. The truck still drove great in the snow and stopped well too. It makes me think its just the sensors and the actual components work fine. Who knows, I have like a month left on my warranty and I want some sort of fix for this.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:08 PM

I had this happen to me for about 5 minutes after driving thru a couple feet of snow just yesterday...drove about half a mile, turned it off, turned it back on and it was fine. It was also refusing to release from 4high locked....

Old 02-13-2010, 12:16 AM

Im really getting P*ssed off, tonight I was out with some friends and we were trying to drive through some thick stuff, so I went to hit my 4WD Lock button and right away it turns SVC 4WD on my cluster and TRACTION DISABLED, This is really irritating especially since Ive barely had my h3 a month...not really happy right now

Old 07-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Default service 4x4 warning

Every time I load my boat on the trailer i pull to the top of the ramp and shut off my h2 and strap the boat down , when I get back in and start the engine the service 4x4 warning comes on. I never get the truck in the water but the ramp is steep not sure if that has anything to do with it or not,also i wonder if unpluging the trailer lights trip something.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: service 4wd