PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Scientific theory is obsolete

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Default Scientific theory is obsolete

At least that's what I heard on NPR. It's thought that there is so much documented information out there that there is no longer a reason to conduct experiments. The problem lies in connecting all that data in order to make it useful. So maybe necro bumping is a necessary part of human evolution?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:13 PM

be a good little robot and just believe what they tell you...

like global warming causes colder winters....

Last edited by happythree; 03-26-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by happythree
be a good little robot and just believe what they tell you...

like global warming causes colder winters....
Global warming does not mean that where you yourself are located will always be warmer, like if you were saying you were in New Hampshire the other day and since there was snow on the ground there is no global warming. Kinda like throwing a snow ball while on the senate floor somehow debunks global warming.

However, it does indicate your complete lack of grasping the concept that when all weather station data from across the globe record a rise in average temperature the earth is getting warmer. Global warming and/or climate change is happening, the ONLY issue is whether any of it is being caused by human activities and can be controlled in some way.

Bury your head in the sand and maybe it will all go away.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AR15wheeler
At least that's what I heard on NPR. It's thought that there is so much documented information out there that there is no longer a reason to conduct experiments. The problem lies in connecting all that data in order to make it useful. So maybe necro bumping is a necessary part of human evolution?
.... or something.

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:03 PM

and can be controlled in some way.
!!!

not too likely, the earth will keep doing what it wants!, on its schedule

Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Global warming does not mean that where you yourself are located will always be warmer, like if you were saying you were in New Hampshire the other day and since there was snow on the ground there is no global warming. Kinda like throwing a snow ball while on the senate floor somehow debunks global warming.

However, it does indicate your complete lack of grasping the concept that when all weather station data from across the globe record a rise in average temperature the earth is getting warmer. Global warming and/or climate change is happening, the ONLY issue is whether any of it is being caused by human activities and can be controlled in some way.

Bury your head in the sand and maybe it will all go away.
I guess you could bury your head in the sand or just jump on the bandwagon, or maybe question everything. Every global warming prediction has been way off. First it was a 10-15 year pause, and now this is coming out:

The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever - Telegraph

?Breathtaking? Adjustments To Arctic Temperature Record. Is There Any ?Global Warming? We Can Trust? | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

I do agree with you in general. The global climate is always changing, been doing so long before humans existed and will continue long after we are gone. Clearly humans affect global temps, paving roads, generating heat and power, etc. Heck, the computer you are seeing this on is generating heat. The question is if this human activity has any measurable affect or if it's more like .0000000001 degree. I'm not convinced either way and I'll just leave it at that.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 PM

Global warming Global cooling..... The earth goes through it's cycles. We've had ice ages we have had warming periods. I remember after Hurricane Katrina all the rage was on the water temperatures being higher than they have ever been in recorded history and they were on the rise. Then over night they dropped to normal or what we believe to be normal. Who knows? Some how the heat was released.
I read one study that seems to have proof of this or that and then read another that contradicts the 1st.Go figure!

Old 03-27-2015, 09:51 PM

Everyone's a critic, but it seems that most people don't understand the topic.

It's not generation of heat. It's CO2 production, thickening the atmosphere, insulating the environment & causing global temps to rise ever so slightly. 1 degree is a lot. A heck of a lot. You'll start to see species die off as ecosystems shift slightly.

Entropy is usually not a good thing in the environment.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller

It's not generation of heat. It's CO2 production, thickening the atmosphere, insulating the environment & causing global temps to rise ever so slightly. 1 degree is a lot. A heck of a lot. You'll start to see species die off as ecosystems shift slightly.

Agreed but on the flip side what do plants breath? CO2 and through photosynthesis we benefit from the by product which is oxygen. I hear you and I under stand the blanketing effect that CO2 can and does have. I'll be the first to say that we as a species need to clean our act up and treat the environment better.
I've only been around for just about 42 years now. I've lived in MS most of my life but also lived in TX and Central and South FL. I've been through some Extremely Hot summers I've been through some Mild winters. In 1983 we had an ice storm in South MS. In 2014 we had another. On average we get a little light dusting of snow about every 2 years sometimes there is accumulation .I've seen 90 degree winter days and 10 degree winter days. Had snow flurries in Orlando in the late 90s.Had an oddball middle of Summer 62 degree day in 2003 or 4.
Weather is weather. It's going to do what ever it's going to do. I just don't buy the whole thing. If it is cold here and hot over there then flips the next year how can we say it's global warming?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller

Oh, we (I) understand the argument about CO2. The problem is there are several conflicting theories on the subject, disagreement on how much is man made, how much the oceans absorb and release CO2, and whether CO2 actually causes global temps to rise or if rising global temps cause CO2 increases or both. About the only thing most people agree on is we don't fully understand it, and every "doom and gloom" modeling projection has been wrong.

With all that said, I do have a solution to most of the worlds problems, including the wildly popular yet completely unproven man-made CO2 is causing global warming one. Less people on Earth.

Quick Reply: Scientific theory is obsolete