PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reset Check engine light in H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:31 PM

Will try that and see how it goes.

Bit confused about the joke part What made it sound like a joke?? I read it over and all seems normal to me.

Old 09-22-2012, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by heyttsguy
lol i thought this was a joke when i first read it lol. could be something minor like a bad oxygen sensor or a loose gas cap. in my experience pulling the ECM fuse will clear the check engine light. If it comes on again get it scanned.
Pulled the fuse today, waited 20 seconds, put fuse back, started Hummer and no more light

Let's see how long this fix lasts.....

Old 09-25-2012, 05:08 AM

Went through about a tank of fuel since reset and light still off

Am I glad I came here instead of contacting my authorized dealer who would have lightened my wallet a few hundred $$$$ and would have probably done the same.

It's probably a build in light set to come on when the dealer is short of funds to help pay off his new swimming pool or pay for his kids private school fees.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by heyttsguy
lol i thought this was a joke when i first read it lol. could be something minor like a bad oxygen sensor or a loose gas cap. in my experience pulling the ECM fuse will clear the check engine light. If it comes on again get it scanned.
Does anyone know which fuse is the "ECM" fuse? Want to at least try this before I take mine into the dealer. There "feels" like no difference, yet the lamp is on.

And sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I see no reason to start a new one which covers exactly the same subject.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ProphetPVD
Does anyone know which fuse is the "ECM" fuse? Want to at least try this before I take mine into the dealer. There "feels" like no difference, yet the lamp is on.

And sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I see no reason to start a new one which covers exactly the same subject.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

See a reason now? Please follow the forum rules, start a new thread. No reason to drag back up this old thread, half of which is incorrect BS info.

When you do I would be glad to discuss with you why pulling a fuse does jack squat to clear a CEL.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Talking Welcome to the forum

Originally Posted by Bobinator
Doc:

75K, thanks for the response but you may need to take a Dale Carnegie "Win Friends & Influence People" course, there is a great amount of knowledge we all have in certain areas, I'm sure you would have trouble with performing even the basics in what I do for a living and probably visa versa, difference is, I wouldn't tell you you might need help just because you had to ask for input on something I think is simple to do and it wasn't so obvious to you. I've regreted NOT asking the stupid question when doing car repair in the past, I like to avoid making the same mistake over 100 times is all. LOL

Having said that I do appreciate the response, not everybody bothers!
Hell @ least ya got a welcome to the forum out of him all I got was some sour dairy products & Uuuugh why would you want that.... just the way he is. ol dock don/t have many patients for us neckro bumpers... lol He knows his chet though and I have read many threads where he has helped tremendously... just not me aint had no real tech questions & hope it stays that way. Hell im still waiting for a welcome !!!

Old 01-13-2015, 12:51 PM

^^ Welcome lol^^

Old 01-14-2015, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wellsra
Does anyone know how to reset the check engine light in the H3? It needed the spark plugs changed and we did that but the engine light is still on...help please
obd11 scan tool if it has a clear function
or just put some miles on it and give the PCM a chance to clear itself

Old 01-14-2015, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by hum4me
obd11 scan tool if it has a clear function
or just put some miles on it and give the PCM a chance to clear itself
just responded to email link didn't realize it was an old thread Sorry doc my bad just trying help buy the way if the light didn't clear and problem still comes up = didn't fix right problem. promise I will read the thread from now on from the beginning so I don't become a necrobumber Sorry Folks