Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Replaced factory Monsoon Sub-woofer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by qui
If I don't have the monsoon system, can I buy the components to install the sub/amp?
Yea, it's pretty painless. I ordered the factory panel from Trevor @ WAYNEAUTOPARTS.COM for ~$200 to my door (it's much larger than I anticipated so I'm shipping was a significant part of that).

You can go the route like this with the factory stuff you buy from eBay or whatever but I just bought the JL Audio Stealthbox and a JL Audio sub amp. I originally had the small Rockford Fosgate mono sub amp but I had some issues w/ it and just stuck with JL Audio. I put the sub level **** in one of the punchouts by the rear wiper ****. Btw, when I say "I" - I paid a shop to do it.

Stealthbox was ~ $500, amp $200, panel $200, wiring $100, install (forget).
I have a Pioneer App Radio 2 double din head unit with an Alpine amp and Infinity separates but it hits hard, the sub drops you can feel and the highs are bright and crisp. I would not recommend the App Radio 2 but overall I consider it a great upgrade for a car the originally had the stock system w/o the Monsoon.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Default This was so easy!

I just did this job on my H3X exactly as indicated and with the same exact Rockford Fosgate bass speaker . It is true; the hardest things is getting the panels off, lol
swapping bass speakers was like 5 minutes tops.
Now if can only find the tiny flat screwdriver that fell through the holes somewhere in there while trying to take off the airbag marker! LMAO!!
Also,
i didn’t have to put any poly fill. Just tighten the screws we’ll dnita good to go.

Thanks for the pictures too, that helped greatly!

Gp1182