Go Back   Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners > Hummer Lineup > Hummer H3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Default Remove front turn signal plastic cover

Need to replace front turn signal bulb. took off front bumper, but I am having difficutlty getting the yellow plastic cover off the front to access the bulb. It has fout plastic clips on each sides as part of the cover, but when I lift these the plastic cover will not release. I've tried to gently, with increasing force, to pry the covers off but it is going to take a lot of force which may break it. I guess this is the General's way of keeping Mr. Goodwrench employed. Any suggestions?
Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Hummerforums!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernrose View Post
Need to replace front turn signal bulb. took off front bumper, but I am having difficutlty getting the yellow plastic cover off the front to access the bulb. It has fout plastic clips on each sides as part of the cover, but when I lift these the plastic cover will not release. I've tried to gently, with increasing force, to pry the covers off but it is going to take a lot of force which may break it. I guess this is the General's way of keeping Mr. Goodwrench employed. Any suggestions?
Thanks
I think the bulb is a twist lock accessed from the back by removing the inner fender liner. I am not sure. I did all LED's a couple of years ago so I don't exacty remember. Do a search on this forum and you should find the answer for sure.

Last edited by RKSmith163; 04-25-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Have to access it from the wheel well. All it is is about 4-5 plastic rivets and a 4-5 10mm bolts and its off. Should be self explanatory from there, but its been awhile so I could be wrong.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM

I believe it's a twist and pull out bulb from the behind it
The manuals are in PDF format and can be printed
CHECK YOUR SPAM MAILBOX FOR MY REPLY, I WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITHIN A DAY
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Tags
2008, bulb, bumper, change, cover, front, h1, h3, hummer, install, led, plastic, removing, replace, signal, turn