PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

rear right turn signal bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Default rear right turn signal bulb replacement

Can anyone advise how to change the right rear turn signal bulb on an H3? From outside? or from inside? what is the procedure?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Default Bulb replacement

Open gate,there are two phillips head screws to remove from plastic housing. next pull housing to the rear,there are two steel pins that have to be popped out from the retainers in the fender. sometimes you may have to use a plastic wedge inserted between plastic housing and fender to pop it loose. Be sure to grease the steel pins before popping it back in place.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Default Hummer H3 Rear Lamp bulbs Replacement

As of January 2008, the 2 steel bolts for rear lamp casing have been replaced with plastic ones, at least for European spec cars. So warning, to avoid the case in which you will have to replace the whole casing because of broken pins. Be as gentle as possible when you pull the casing out!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Banned

pictures would really be good here. i usually break stuff the first time while learning how not to,,,break stuff

Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 PM

I just remove the two phillips screws and pull straight back. Then locate the bulb that isn't working, replace it and test before you put it back together. If ok, line up the outside platic tabs and push back into place. Secure w/ the two phillips screws. I took pics since I see this coming up alot lately.

The Right Rear Tail Light Assembly

Remove Top Screw with a Phillips Head Screwdriver

Remove Bottom Screw with a Phillips Head Screwdriver

with both removed, pull taillight assembly straight back to remove top & bottom clips, pic of top clip

pic of bottom clip/pin

taillight removed

One of the easiest things you can do. Hope this helps some of those posting questions in regards.

Last edited by Mr. Fancy Pants; 08-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

wow,,,
2007 H3 Adventure
, so the detail guy just left huh!! man your ride looks factory fresh!!

great pix. things like the two different pins amaze me. just where along the design process did that decision get made ?!!
knowing where they are will help prevent "first time" breaking,,,i hope,if i remember down the road.

thanks much

Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
wow,,,, so the detail guy just left huh!! man your ride looks factory fresh!!

Yeah, I'm pretty **** when if comes to my stuff. If you look closely, even my driveway is spotless lol. The rust 2" ball on the back drives me nuts but I need it hahaha.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
things like the two different pins amaze me. just where along the design process did that decision get made ?!!
The bottom pin is the 'locator' pin. It sets up the 'up' 'down' positioning of the light assembly, as well as fastens. The top clip is a retainer. This is the way a feature can be located in the exact position, and still be attached even if the mating holes/slots are not precisely matched to it. You'll find this type of setup used throughout the vehicle for mating parts.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

hey the "rust ball" doesnt count,it comes off!!,,checked out your camera, great unit,zoooom!

and,
The bottom pin is the 'locator' pin. It sets up the 'up' 'down' positioning of the light assembly, as well as fastens. The top clip is a retainer. This is the way a feature can be located in the exact position, and still be attached even if the mating holes/slots are not precisely matched to it. You'll find this type of setup used throughout the vehicle for mating parts.
now we got "smarty pants!!" im still letting the locator/retainer soak in. good info. i never wooda thunk it!

Old 08-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
The rust 2" ball on the back drives me nuts but I need it hahaha.

Master Lock 3458DAT 2 inch Stainless Steel Hitch Ball

Quick Reply: rear right turn signal bulb replacement